• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX2080 Overclocking

Associate
My last thread, i was asking advice on what graphics card to get, deciding whether to get a RTX1070 and didn't want to spend anything more than that as i was originally looking at RTX2060 pricing. Anyway, as the title of the thread suggests, i ended up getting the urge to really go for it (No, i really couldn't push myself to a 2080ti, so i ended up with a 2080) Queue the hate for not getting an AMD :eek:

Just wanted a bit of input on what targets i should be able to achieve with overclocking my card. Currently have it running at 2100Mhz Core and 7800Mhz Memory.

At load i have 65-67c which is at around 40% fan speed. That is after 30 minutes of benchmarking.

Should i be aiming a little higher or is that around right for a 2080?

Thanks!

Associate
What card did you end up getting and what programs are you using to bench?
Just keep adding to the core clock until its unstable

Associate
Overclocking? Don't most RTX cards struggle to hold their standard clock without stability issues? :p

Joking aside, as said above, just keep adding to the clock till it falls over, then the same with the memory. Don't mess with voltage settings unless you really know what you're doing.

Man of Honour
Overclocking? Don't most RTX cards struggle to hold their standard clock without stability issues? :p

Joking aside, as said above, just keep adding to the clock till it falls over, then the same with the memory. Don't mess with voltage settings unless you really know what you're doing.

@Funky-Melon which part of Southampton are you in?

I'm from Southampton myself.

Soldato
My last thread, i was asking advice on what graphics card to get, deciding whether to get a RTX1070 and didn't want to spend anything more than that as i was originally looking at RTX2060 pricing. Anyway, as the title of the thread suggests, i ended up getting the urge to really go for it (No, i really couldn't push myself to a 2080ti, so i ended up with a 2080) Queue the hate for not getting an AMD :eek:

Just wanted a bit of input on what targets i should be able to achieve with overclocking my card. Currently have it running at 2100Mhz Core and 7800Mhz Memory.

At load i have 65-67c which is at around 40% fan speed. That is after 30 minutes of benchmarking.

Should i be aiming a little higher or is that around right for a 2080?

Thanks!

i had 2 2080's in nvlink and under watercooling both cards would top out around 2130mhz on the cores (heaven benchmark reported 2250mhz at one point on the cores), i upped the power and temp limits to max and the ram for both cards would hit 7800mhz, i then sold one and with a single card i could hit around 2150mhz and the ram was stable at 7900mhz, any further on both clocks and the card would crash, so in your case your core is about as high as you can go, but your ram should hit 7900mhz even 8000mhz but testing will confirm this, if at any point you get artifacting or crashing drop back to 7800mhz and call it a day.

hope this helps

Man of Honour
i had 2 2080's in nvlink and under watercooling both cards would top out around 2130mhz on the cores (heaven benchmark reported 2250mhz at one point on the cores), i upped the power and temp limits to max and the ram for both cards would hit 7800mhz, i then sold one and with a single card i could hit around 2150mhz and the ram was stable at 7900mhz, any further on both clocks and the card would crash, so in your case your core is about as high as you can go, but your ram should hit 7900mhz even 8000mhz but testing will confirm this, if at any point you get artifacting or crashing drop back to 7800mhz and call it a day.

hope this helps

Heaven 4 always gets the core clockspeed wrong on NVidia cards and tends to add quite a bit to the actual.

Soldato
:( would have been cool at 2.2ghz+ but i'm not complaining at the time 2 cards over 2.1ghz were stupidly quick, my issue was power draw so i opted for a 2080ti instead and its the first card i havent had to overclock, my frame rates at 1440p are insane everything maxed out in my collection

Back
Top Bottom