Z390 Aorus Owners thread

Associate
Is this just by going off the memory support lists or have you actually tried them? I would be really surprised if they didn't work with Corsair memory as I have found Corsair memory to be very good when it comes to motherboard compatibility. Board manufacturers rarely update their memory support lists as it would be a never ending task with the vast range of memory available. Corsair Vengeance RGB Series memory is on the RGB Fusion ready list as well so it should work.

similar rgb pro versions are listed with the same timings but this isn't, xmp causes post fails and bios reset. I've managed to get xmp to work though, i just had to manually set the voltage as the bios didn't like the xmp's default.

Man of Honour
That's interesting. I wonder if that is why the XMP profile runs my memory at 3433hz although it says 3866mhz. I didn't think to check the voltage. I may have to have a fiddle again. Ugh, back into the bios!!

On a side note which memory slots are you guys using for a pair of sticks? The manual is rather vague as to which slots are the primary when using two sticks so I have mine in A1/B1 which are slots 1 and 3 from the cpu. I have checked reviews of my board and only two took pictures of the installation with a pair of sticks and sod's law they both used different slots. One had the same as me A1/B1 and the other had A2/B2 although they did have a dirty great cpu cooler so whether they moved them so it could fit is a possibility.

Associate
That's interesting. I wonder if that is why the XMP profile runs my memory at 3433hz although it says 3866mhz. I didn't think to check the voltage. I may have to have a fiddle again. Ugh, back into the bios!!

On a side note which memory slots are you guys using for a pair of sticks? The manual is rather vague as to which slots are the primary when using two sticks so I have mine in A1/B1 which are slots 1 and 3 from the cpu. I have checked reviews of my board and only two took pictures of the installation with a pair of sticks and sod's law they both used different slots. One had the same as me A1/B1 and the other had A2/B2 although they did have a dirty great cpu cooler so whether they moved them so it could fit is a possibility.

Per buildzoid, in T-Topology the 2 slots are better used for 2 sticks of RAM. That's what I'm doing.

Associate
A month after building my new build, I've regretted buying the Aorus Pro and have replaced it with the Aorus Master. So if anyone wants a good deal on a month old Pro, PM me.

Associate
When turning the PC on from a cold start my board reboots 1 second after the fans initially spin up, then proceeds to boot as normal.

This only happens when overclocking as the stock profile starts up without interruption.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Associate
So I flashed the new bios to my Ultra, it then failed boot and kicked into the backup bios .... Hoiw the fudge do I change back ? Tried power cycling the PSU etc. Cant change back ... Why would Gigabyte not put a dam manual switch on the board like they used to ???

Soldato
So I flashed the new bios to my Ultra, it then failed boot and kicked into the backup bios .... Hoiw the fudge do I change back ? Tried power cycling the PSU etc. Cant change back ... Why would Gigabyte not put a dam manual switch on the board like they used to ???

not sure if older methods still work, holding power button down to PC turns on and then turns its self off again , press power button again and back up bios should have corrected main bios .

that or going into bios or Flash options on splash screen, either f10 or f12 and flashing main bios from back up

Man of Honour
They launched that last week with the F9b bios for my board. I am still on F6 becuase the last three have brought nothing of any use to me plus I don't want to go back into that horrible bios to re-enter all my setting. I will wait until they add something worthwhile.

Man of Honour
I knew there was something I forgot to mention. One of the things that really impressed me about this board was one of the accessories and how much thought had gone into it. It's the easy connect front panel connector thingy. Rather than have pins on a block that makes things look gash like Asus ones do, Gigabytes version is recessed so that the cables connectors actually sit inside it and clip into position. It's much neater and actually looks good. Unfortunately due to the way I sleeved my cables (shrink wrap slightly over the connector) they don't fit it properly so I had to plug mine directly into the board but it works great with normal plugs.

Associate

I had the same issue with my 4000mhz memory. Ir was saying 4000 but was actually at 3800-ish. Issue was fixed with the latest bios update to support 32gb dimm

Back
Top Bottom