Car blocking me in..

Soldato
OP
The 101 call worked and less than 10 mins after the car was moved.

I was actually knocking 2 doors away from where the car actually belonged so when I got back I knocked on the correct door and had a chat with her. I just wanted to let her know I'm not mad about it and I tried to find her before I went to the police about it, she had a little moan "why can't you park somewhere else those are our bays". They aren't dedicated bays according to the council so I'm perfectly okay to park there, there's no signage or permit parking restrictions.

I may go back later and poo through the letterbox.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with a corner sofa.

They're alright so long as you get the whole thing to yourself. Or at least the long bit pointing towards the telly. A sofa and footstool is far more refined, though both easily trumped by the armchair, footstool and side table combination, preferably augmented with a standard reading lamp.

Man of Honour
The parking on my street has been a bit tragic lately - almost always get one person obstinately parking in a position that means a fire engine couldn't get through if needed during the night and by the time everyone has got home from work there is 2-3 spaces short for the number of people needing to park so everyone is moaning but there is easily enough space left over to get another 3 cars in just not in continuous blocks due to everyone insisting in parking exactly outside the path to their door (OK with coming and going it wouldn't work perfectly but if people filled in from the end nearest their house instead most nights everyone would get a space).

Man of Honour
The 101 call worked and less than 10 mins after the car was moved.

I was actually knocking 2 doors away from where the car actually belonged so when I got back I knocked on the correct door and had a chat with her. I just wanted to let her know I'm not mad about it and I tried to find her before I went to the police about it, she had a little moan "why can't you park somewhere else those are our bays". They aren't dedicated bays according to the council so I'm perfectly okay to park there, there's no signage or permit parking restrictions.

Tackle her passive aggressive parking with full on falcon punch to the ovaries aggression, show her how it's done.

Soldato
The key thing is it's not blocking access to the driveway, it's blocking access from.

This becomes obstruction of a public highway which is a criminal offence and should be dealt with by the police.
Unless the local council has taken this responsibility on.

In most areas local councils have now taken on responsibility for enforcing parking provisions under what is known as Civil Parking Enforcement (CPE).

Man of Honour
I was pleasantly surprised by the police response last time someone blocked us in - really idiotic parking - albeit they'd also blocked in a delivery driver on his rounds which put more urgency on the situation. They put in his window on pretty short order and moved the car themselves then when the driver came back (he'd parked to go off and cycle) and started kicking off about the damage to his vehicle the police tore him a new one - gave him a right dressing down verbally.

Soldato
Judging by the car owners reaction I assume she wasn't blocking you in your driveway, but you had parked in spaces next to her house rather than near yours?

Soldato
I went to the police about it, she had a little moan "why can't you park somewhere else those are our bays". They aren't dedicated bays according to the council so I'm perfectly okay to park there, there's no signage or permit parking restrictions.

Hang on, your car isn’t parked on your drive? Are you parking in someone else’s visitor bay?

Back
Top Bottom