Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
Hmm... I'm not so sure D2's problems were all because of big bad activision. Remains to be seen if this is good or bad. Hoping it's good
This is true, if it was Activision for example forcing the schedules or imposing the cost of dlc etc which is a common gripe and they way it was released.

If that continues or happens in destiny 3, bungie have no more scapegoat so will be interesting to see how it pans out

Soldato
I think they should consolidate all of their y1 DLC into the base game price for new users to be honest + forsaken. They moved into a new model with y2 but still left y1 on the old model which equates to a lot of money for someone who is new to the game which tbh…...isn't worth it at all as it all got left behind. Y2 stuff is worth it however.

Forsaken changed a lot of the game for the better, and even though warmind was decent, CoO was still a piece of s*** and would really tarnish peoples first impressions.

Their current roadmap so far has been pretty good for y2, looking forward to the rest of it as well as any other surprises they throw in.

Soldato
OP
I may dig back in now. Once I finish Odyssey I think it's time. I built a new PC and did load up D2 just to see how it would play and even though I am really far behind. It still has that solid shooting feeling.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
D2 was always a solid shooter. I'm not a fan of grinding, so once I hit the grind the interest died. I'll probably pick up D3 to play through for that new game feels.

Soldato
I think the main problem before was that the grind didn't feel necessary due to not having random rolls, but now there are so many amazing weapons to try and obtain as well as having random rolls.

For example, the new forges have weapon frames you can just keep farming for random rolls. Some of the rolls don't exist on any other weapons either and they have now added in the option to farm armour which is the best source so far. All armour is now random rolled as well (except y1) so this is a replayable piece of content to get good stats and good rolls. Kill clip, rampage hand cannons for example.

Aside from the forges, all the content is quite fun as well now.

Soldato
OP
I think the main problem before was that the grind didn't feel necessary due to not having random rolls, but now there are so many amazing weapons to try and obtain as well as having random rolls..

This is actually what put me off of D2. The lack of random rolls on weapons and armour made it all feel a bit pointless. I grinded countless stuff in D1 just to get that perfectly balanced INT/DIS armour build or running various strikes over and over to get a god roll weapon. They took that away in D2 and it felt like a lot of my love left with it.

For better or worse, D1 felt like a job. I'd get home, hit my daily heroics with all my characters, do loads of bounties and generally just grind stuff out. I felt D2 didn't reward me in that regard. I still got 250+ hours out of it. But it missed something

Soldato
I get what you mean for sure.

As much as random rolls have helped at the moment - weapons and armour they still have a long way to go to make it feel really beneficial to continually farm gear.

Like Im only farming milestones each week still to get my last missing exotic for my warlock and titan, and then still doing raids every week to get the new exotic that came out with Scourge of the past, and titles - which is understandably not interesting for some people.

Caporegime
This is actually what put me off of D2. The lack of random rolls on weapons and armour made it all feel a bit pointless. I grinded countless stuff in D1 just to get that perfectly balanced INT/DIS armour build or running various strikes over and over to get a god roll weapon. They took that away in D2 and it felt like a lot of my love left with it.

For better or worse, D1 felt like a job. I'd get home, hit my daily heroics with all my characters, do loads of bounties and generally just grind stuff out. I felt D2 didn't reward me in that regard. I still got 250+ hours out of it. But it missed something

random rolls is just disgisting.

as in the god roll pulse rifles when they were the meta. i could play on all 3 characters and still fail to get a god roll. yet someone got it on day 1 and would therefore automatically have a huge advantage because of it.

there were different archetypes too of pulse rifles and then another one of them got a boost for a while and i had a god roll lying around one day in the hope it did get boosted and it felt like cheating. it was like a laser beam and it melted people. it didn't matter if they got the first shot off either the thing made chest shots turn into headshots. so i was doing full head damage to their chest damage if their aim was slightly off. meaning i got kills ridiculously quickly.

you can't have a competitive fps game where the weapons are based on random stats/perks which drop randomly. it puts many at an unfair disadvantage. you could play the game 24/7 and still never get a god roll. so it doesn't reward anyone who puts in more time it's all luck.

Soldato
I would say that that is why there is QP and Comp in Destiny 2, which is even more prevalent now with random rolls.

There are a few outliers here and there in weapons that really shine compared to other rolls but generally speaking - you can kill with whatever. People still rock dire promise from y1 which is a pretty badly perked hand cannon but is just accurate.

Iron banner is the big difference i guess as power level is enabled there.

Soldato
OP
random rolls is just disgisting.

as in the god roll pulse rifles when they were the meta. i could play on all 3 characters and still fail to get a god roll. yet someone got it on day 1 and would therefore automatically have a huge advantage because of it.

there were different archetypes too of pulse rifles and then another one of them got a boost for a while and i had a god roll lying around one day in the hope it did get boosted and it felt like cheating. it was like a laser beam and it melted people. it didn't matter if they got the first shot off either the thing made chest shots turn into headshots. so i was doing full head damage to their chest damage if their aim was slightly off. meaning i got kills ridiculously quickly.

you can't have a competitive fps game where the weapons are based on random stats/perks which drop randomly. it puts many at an unfair disadvantage. you could play the game 24/7 and still never get a god roll. so it doesn't reward anyone who puts in more time it's all luck.

I'm just saying what I found more fun. To me, D1 felt better as my 2nd, 3rd or 15th copy of the same gun would often be different. I had a really good Treads Upon Stars in D1 that wasn't a god roll but felt so different from all of the other trads upon stars I had that I used it religiously until I got a Cryptic Dragon with firefly and outlaw.

Destiny has never been a super serious PvP game to me anyway. No idea why in D2 they tried to make it into a competitive game.

Caporegime
I would say that that is why there is QP and Comp in Destiny 2, which is even more prevalent now with random rolls.

There are a few outliers here and there in weapons that really shine compared to other rolls but generally speaking - you can kill with whatever. People still rock dire promise from y1 which is a pretty badly perked hand cannon but is just accurate.

Iron banner is the big difference i guess as power level is enabled there.

oh yes i still got kills with other weapons but using a god roll meta weapon just made it easy mode

Soldato
Not exactly on topic sorry but how would D2 stack up if I am looking to scratch the Halo itch!?

As a single player experience.

Well Ive dropped 50 hours into the single player stuff and have done some online strikes etc. Am not a member of a clan and never will be.

Its very repetitive be in no doubt but there is something addictive about it and its one of the best looking games Ive played, runs like a dream as well.

Some of the weapon upgrading and loot related stuff though feels just too complicated and purposely conveluted at times and I cba with most of it, so I just keep playing and grinding for new stuff.

Associate
Absolutely love the look of this grenade launcher :cool:

Destiny-2-31-01-2019-17-22-27.png

Back
Top Bottom