** FREESYNC MONITORS SUPPORTING NVIDIA G-SYNC - READ MORE **

Soldato
It is pretty much a given the price will creep up with the new found selling point - anyone expecting anything else is a touch naive :s

If nVidia are just going to ruin one of the main benefits of Freesync i'd rather they didn't bother.

Then again, I have a Freesync screen that does 40-144Hz with LFC so I feel i'd gain nothing by going GSync. I wish people just didn't buy the crap with narrow ranges, then we'd see a proper shift to decent Freesync screens.

Associate
Isn't it funny that none of these monitors are IPS panels? I'm guessing the IPS issues were among the many things that didn't pass Nvidia's quality test. Such a shame since IPS panels are much better than TN in all but response times. Plus there's already some IPS G-sync panels out there.

Would be nice if we got some 'G-sync certified' FreeSync IPS screens.

Associate
Well they are not doing it out the kindness of there hearts, thats for sure....

I'm in the market for an ultrawide, I have a BenQ XL2730Z paired with a 1080Ti, and although adaptive sync is now working with my card, with some minor problems, I still want to go down the UW road.
I was going to take the plunge on the Dell/Alienware offering, but not sure if I should hold off for a month or so to see what comes around :/

Soldato
Man of Honour
I thought it was only Pascal and above that were supported on Freesync monitors.

Has this changed now?

Don't think so you need Pascal or above and Windows 10 (currently) to use adaptive sync with an nVidia card.

EDIT: Though this page leads to that list https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/adaptive-vsync but I don't think that is true for current adaptive sync (FreeSync monitor) support.

Associate
I've grabbed what stock I can of the certified monitors, and what wasn't available at the time I've back ordered.

Remember if you've already got an Nvidia 20 series or any of THESE GPU's then you can take advantage of G-Sync on these FreeSync and other G-Sync monitors

ALL G-SYNC COMPATIBLE NVIDIA CERTIFIED FREESYNC MONITORS

Linus' take:

This is incredibly useful. Came here looking for a link like this. Hope it will be updated with the testing going forward!

Back
Top Bottom