New Minecraft 1.13.2 Vanilla server now up!

Soldato
OP
I might buy Minecraft and come and join you guys. I've never really played it before.

Should I get the version from the website or the Windows 10 app version?

For this server you'll want the Java version, so the one from the website. The Java version is much more versatile, and has a much wider range of servers, simply because it has been around much longer and is so configurable and moddable, but the Bedrock Edition will arguably run better, being written exclusively for Windows 10

It used to be that if you bought the java edition, you got a redemption code that you could use to get the windows 10 edition for free as well. That was certainly the case 12 months ago, although not sure if that's still a thing.

You are more than welcome to come and join us :)

Associate
It used to be that if you bought the java edition, you got a redemption code that you could use to get the windows 10 edition for free as well. That was certainly the case 12 months ago, although not sure if that's still a thing.

Annoyingly, I think it ended in October.

Soldato
OP
Yay - finally got a mending villager. Only 12 emeralds as well, so sweet! I got fed up of waiting for one to appear in my breeder so I thought I'd check a few villagers I'd already discovered to see if any mending whitecoats were about. I'd already checked out a village from where I got my breeding villagers and saw another village a short way off. Took some paper and books and headed off to the village that's about 3km away.

The first whitecoat I unlock all trades of was, typically, a mending one! I then made a quick tunnel through the nether and took him back to mine in a boat. He's now in the trading hall, ready to go! There's a few farmers who will buy taters, carrots and wheat so if you want to get mending books (plus a whole load of others) feel free to check it out! I have a surplus of villagers I'm storing, but will probably start to kill off any new unwanted ones. Let me know if you need any villagers. There is the beginnings of a nether connection hub starting as well.

Feel free to join in - laters - Ham :)

A1RaQC5.png

aURi7K4.png

Associate
A Blaze spawner has now been built, you can find the entrance at -192, 53, -148 at a nether fortress. It can also be reached by following the passageway past my nether portal at the end of the rail link.

Enjoy :)

Soldato
OP
A Blaze spawner has now been built, you can find the entrance at -192, 53, -148 at a nether fortress. It can also be reached by following the passageway past my nether portal at the end of the rail link.

Enjoy :)

Nice one - should be able to hop on tomorrow and have a shufty!

Can you add me to the whitelist please?
No idea whether I'll be doing much, but was on the old one on and off.

Of course - let me know your ign and I'll add you :)

Soldato
OP
I needed a good supply of gunpowder so I made a basic, generic mob farm out at -141 -7. There's a nether portal to it in the nether (head along Sylvet's rail track until you find it) at -17 -1 or so. The rates are pretty good, but as with all these kind of farms, it works best when only that area is loaded in the overworld!

Drops are arrows, flesh, bones, string and gunpowder, with a few witch drops. Should I transport a couple of Cleric villagers there to trade the flesh to get emeralds maybe?

The afk spot is up at Y 165. There's a bubble elevator from the chest room directly up to the top. To get back down to the loot room, jump!! You can see the entrance is ringed with glowstone - just swim down the tunnel and back into the room! Feel free to use the farm and afk your own loot if you want to.

Enjoy - Ham

REfX28d.png

4Uw6Bnr.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So, Sylvet and I have been working on a gold farm. Unsurprisingly it's going to be preeeety good. To add, it's a fairly op xp farm as well - it will make the EnderEnder look poop I suspect.

We've tried to make it look half tidy instead of just using netherrack. There's about 6k of netherbrick in that bad boy that we smelted and mined! We had to build it quarter slice at a time to stop Ghast spawns - buggardly things!!

It's not finished yet, but I suspect the rates will be good - it's an adapted Ilmango design. Say no more!

The main infrastructure is in, just need to add a few more golems and a storage/smelting bay and we're good to go. Access is up from my nether portal. It's a ladder up atm if you're poor (get elytra and rockets you scrubs :p) but we'll do a minecart elevator.

Thanks to Sylvet, pleasure building with you and also a shout to Thejudochop for supplying plumpkins - cheers dude!

Feel free to join in - laters! Ham

One quarter done

5dI8Pnm.png

Almost done!

EASjkkC.png

Soldato
OP
Okies - the farm is up and running. The rates are fantastic and the xp income unreal. Level 30 from 0 in ~40 seconds! I'm on 159 levels atm lol. A few things to note:

DO NOT CLICK THE MINECARTS - YOU WILL DIE AND LOSE YOUR GEAR!!!!
There was an issue with baby pigmen glitching through - they couldn't get you on the afk trapdoor, but would build up, This has now been addressed and they cannot glitch through and build up much less. I would recommend putting your gear in the storage chest just in case though.

To use the farm, grab a snowball and go up the ladder and lob one at a piggo. Try and use the closest ones as there are 12 nametagged ones around the perimeter that must be kept. They are on 1 block so a snowball could knock them off. After lobbing the snowball, retreat to the top trapdoor in the afk room. The ingots and nuggets will go into the storage chest below. Flesh and swords are dumped as they are no use (the rates are such that it's not worth the effot for smelting down each sword just for one nugget).

Please do not use the anvils in the afk room - these are used to specifically channel the piggos into the killing chutes. If the anvils break the piggos will get in and you'll have a very bad day!! I've put some anvils in the storage area below the afk room.

Access is via a ladder. I cba to put in an elevator - if someone else wants to, be my guest. I'll happily supply the iron for the carts if needs be. There will probably be some slime blocks at the bottom to jump down onto.

So, rates - 10 minutes yields about 18 blocks and 4 ingots of gold. That is quite a decent rate, I'm sure you'll agree!

Enjoy - Ham

aG6i9TE.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hey all - I've added a bonemeal nano farm at the mob farm. Handy if you need large amounts of carrots, potatoes, wheat or beetroot quickly. To use it, make sure all 4 dispensers are full of bonemeal the stand on the wooden slab in front of the waterlogged stair. You'll get sort of pushed over to the left and then there will be a lot of noise! Aim your crop at the farmland block and hold down right click.

You'll get ~500 carrots or potatoes per minute at the cost of ~10 stacks of bonemeal, or ~3.5 stacks of bones. I haven't tried the rates for wheat or beetroot. Feel free to use it, but please make sure to stock up all of the dispensers before you leave. Cheers - Ham

9rYxwFh.png

Associate
Looking good Ham :D

Can't believe it's been almost 5 months since i was last on.
I'm fine building machines but when it comes to creative stuff like building a base i end up stalling and drifting onto other things :(

Will try to jump on soon. See you all ingame :D

Soldato
OP
Guys do the plugins in the OP need to be downloaded or is that server side?

Any client side mods I'm able to use to improve things like graphics and draw distance?

The plugins in the OP are server side, all you need to join is a vanilla 1.13.2 client. Draw distance on the server is currently set to 12 chunks

To improve or change the look of Minecraft you can download TexturePacks - these go in c:\user\YOURNAMEHERE\appdata\roaming\.minecraft\resourcepacks or press the windows key and type %appdata% and double click on the minecraft tab. You can then select the resource packs in game. FWIW I use BetterShield by zZzZobra Here and I use a Faithful 32 bit pack here These will run on vanilla Minecraft and need nothing doing other than adding to the resourcepack folder.

If you want things like the in game map I use, or Optifine, things are a lot more complicated, as the main API or mod programme for Minecraft is Forge, and this does not support Minecraft 1.13.2 yet. However, there is another API called Rift that you can use, and both Optifine and Voxelmap (the two client mods I use) both support Rift. You need Rift 1.0.4-snapshot to use Optifine and Voxelmap.

I'm thinking about making a wither skelly farm - I've found a decent fortress about 1200 blocks south of spawn/the goldfarm that has good lava coverage. The area will need slabbing/buttoning in a 128 block radius which will be a chore. The actual farm design is easy enough - it's the Gnembon sweeping design. Pic of the area below - as you can see, the area to be covered isn't that big - it's the diamond shape (roughly) around the 4 points.....

And on that not, I need slime - lots of slime. I need to make a slime farm - I have found a slime chunk in me base, and I'll need to light up as many caves as possible - the downside is that during the night, this will cause a LOT of mobs to spawn on the surface in, again, a 128 block radius around my place. Anyone mind? There are a couple other players who have setup near me that would be affected. It's an easy fix though - just light up the surface at your base lol! Let me know. Also, feel free to donate slime :p

Laters - Ham

29karOo.png

Back
Top Bottom