Currently being held prisoner in hospital...

Soldato
Lad climbed out of bed and caught his legs in the bars and went straight over, legged snapped. He was 13 months.

Took to hospital, to get it sorted.

Anyway... Never been asked questions so many times. Together as parents, separately, then together, then again separately.

I was defo under more suspicion than the wife.

In and out in 4 hrs. Lad walking on cast the next day. He'd only been walking for 2 weeks lol.

Soldato
I'm no parent, but the nursery has a duty of care, surely they would have noticed the bruising if it's in an easily visible place? Don't most have a form or something so parents can advice of any known bruises or marks etc? Do they keep records of any incidents or events that have occurred? Maybe you child was knocked or fallen over while there? If that was seen don't they have to record it and inform the parent(s), usually you then have to sign a form to acknowledge the event?

25 x-rays sounds ridiculous though. x-ray = broken bone? broken bone = child crying nonstop?

They won't be looking for obvious current breaks. They're looking for old untreated breaks that suggest a pattern of ongoing physical abuse... :(

25 X-rays sounds like a dangerous amount of radiation to expose an 11 month old to in 1 day... I'd be getting an external expert opinion about that from a consultant who knows what he's on about

That was a concern that crossed my mind, also. The thing is, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you have any objections then 'What are you trying to hide?'. It's a terrible situation. Stay as calm as you can OP, gently but firmly keep it remembered that it was you - the parents - who raised this concern (lest any overly enthusiastic social worker forget) and, as someone above said, it shan't do you any harm to talk to someone in the legal profession about your rights and what might happen next. All the best of luck with getting to the bottom of things, and I hope your daughter is OK.

Soldato
Kids probably walked on her by mistake. Kids probably too old to be in the same room.

Itll all be fine. Just not a nice situation to be in.

They are not covering their arses....they are ensuring the safety of the child. As we know... There are some true monsters out there who look as nice as anything, they walk amongst us..

Soldato
They are not covering their arses....they are ensuring the safety of the child.

My wife, who spent almost 15 years in senior positions in day nurseries, just snorted when I read your reply and said 'Yeah, OK...'. Private day nurseries are companies first. The fact they make their money from paying minimum wage for someone in a blue tunic to wipe someone else's kid's nose for a few hours doesn't change that, unfortunately. She has stories that could make your hair curl.

Soldato
My wife, who spent almost 15 years in senior positions in day nurseries, just snorted when I read your reply and said 'Yeah, OK...'. Private day nurseries are companies first. The fact they make their money from paying minimum wage for someone in a blue tunic to wipe someone else's kid's nose for a few hours doesn't change that, unfortunately. She has stories that could make your hair curl.
Sorry mate. Not the nursery. Hospital/SS.

Caporegime

He was talking about the hospital/ss...

Soldato
Don't let them do 25 X-Rays, thats rediculous.

Tell them they can do other checks etc, but that is a lot of radiation for such a small child, when everything is still in the early stages of development.

I hope I never get in this situation myself (I have a 9 month old) as my reaction would be just to start taking baseball bats to people accusing me of harming my own child.

Soldato
I've never had much interaction with the NHS. I had Mark on my lung and they really took care of me as it shook me up a little.

Lad broke his leg and it cost me £4 in parking and 4hrs of my time... With lots of questions I knew were for the safety on my child.
Lad snorted a playmobil coin and they did soo much for him.

For me.. Very impressed with the NHS.

Cool story...they put him under for the search of the coin.... When they put him under they gave him a tablet to play on.. Mum said he was loving it until he went to sleep.

When he woke up he went crazy... 'where is the game I was just playing it!'

Back
Top Bottom