• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Failed already.

Associate
My two week old EVGA RTX2080ti FTW3 Ultra card is dead and its only two weeks old. I will be returning it in person tomorrow to the retailer i bought it from.
I know its the card for certain as i put a 1070 in that I've had for some time and the system runs fine with that in.

Associate
I was gonna get one from Vegas in the summer as I can get one sooooo much cheaper or get my sister to send me one over. But RMA might be a nightmare if they insist on sending it back to the retailer. I think I will stick to my 1080ti and maybe so SLI if I can get another one second hand

Associate
My two week old EVGA RTX2080ti FTW3 Ultra card is dead and its only two weeks old. I will be returning it in person tomorrow to the retailer i bought it from.
I know its the card for certain as i put a 1070 in that I've had for some time and the system runs fine with that in.
Sorry to hear that bud, does look like this series is in big trouble with the failure rate.

Soldato
Nvidia always used to release the Titanium version at least 6 months later when yields had improved and they were binning in quantity, a far superior product to the original xx80 part. For example, the 980 was released in September 2014 then the Ti version was released 8 months later in June 2015. Then the 1080 in May 2016 followed by the Ti in March 2017. The same with the 780Ti. I know people who used to wait for this more refined version.

I was very supprised when the 2080 and 2080ti were released so close together. I guess their reasoning was that they were loosing potential Titanium customers who were buying the xx80 version because they didn't want to wait 6 months. I doubt Jensen Huang's arrogance and over confidence helped either :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate

Out of interest was it heavily manually overclocked ?

Soldato
The FTW3 while a solid card suffers badly with poor case sizing, with it being a very deep card already.

For instance if you don’t have much room between the side of your card and your case window then it creates quite a large delta on the front and side bank of memory chips in the 80-90c range depending on fan speeds.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I took the card back to the supplier yesterday and they tested in right in from of me and the fault appeared instantly so i was given a replacement. They didn't have the same card in stock so i was given the option to choose an alternative so i got the Gigabyte Aorus Extreme Waterforce which i will be fitting at some point next week as i am too busy to do it at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom