Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Caporegime
I seemed to have reached a point (level 45) where I’ve got ability points but nothing really to spend them on. There are some warrior/assassin ones I could use but messing about with two selection wheels sounds like chaos for me so I’ve restricted myself to four abilities so far and it’s been working out rather well.

I could also use the ranged abilities but they don’t seem to be quite as useful if you prefer getting up close for assassinating like I do.

I’m sure I’ve seen something about skill mastery but that must be something to do with level 50 as I can’t see anything about it on my screens.

Soldato
Doing a quest where you have to fight someone in an arena...the fight starts and suddenly 3 civilians run in and start attacking me with their fists.

AI is a joke!

Soldato
55% main progression. 41% regions discovered
Where do you see these stats?

And yeah Mykonos was pretty fun, shame about the way the questline ends if sleeping with Kyra. I was hoping for a threesome but guess not.

I still think this game (and Ubi games in general) go too much for quantity over quality. They could have included half the landmass or even less and flesh it much more with unique stuff and it would result in better game. Right now this is fun equivalent of junkfood compared to RDR2 or TW3's finely crafted medium rare steak :)

Soldato
Where do you see these stats?

Ubisoft club. Where you get those rewards.

I'm loving the game and tbh I don't think it compares particularly unfavourably to either of those games. Both are far more polished than ACO though. They really needed to refine what they already had before adding so much. As it is we have a lot of systems that should be great, but fall just short in execution.

Soldato
I also don't think this game is all that bad compared to RDR 2 or W3 which was overrated AF. RDR2 is still better in my eyes as it feels almost next-gen in terms of details and world building. The story is obviously better as well.

Odyssey feels more arcade-y and somewhat worse than Origins but it has its positives over other games in the genre like a unique setting, beautiful historical places, interacting with famous historical figures and absolute freedom of movement. Yeah, it's too big, gets a bit too copy&paste later on and the story is still bad but overall it's a fun game to jump into.

Also, it hasn't crashed on me once in 90h or so and I haven't encountered any serious bugs.

Soldato
I like the story. For me, the story in an rpg, especially a large open world rpg is really just there to get you to send you all over the whole world. The story in ACO so far has sent me to all of the Intersting places and got me invested in all of the systems like the Cultist assassinations, artifact hunting and general exploring etc. The only place it fails for me is in not giving you any context to join in battles and change areas allegiances.

But then, I've always been in to the AC story.

Soldato
Well, I don't mind the story as I have a similar approach to AC games. I just want to explore their amazing worlds and I had a lot of fun with doing exactly this especially in Origins whose setting was not only very unique compared to all the hackneyed medieval rpgs but also really magical and well realised.

The battle/allegiance system in Odyssey is tacked on, you can completely ignore it and it won't change a thing story-wise, which sucks. It's just a means to get drachmae/gear.

Soldato
Ubisoft club. Where you get those rewards.
Thanks, I forgot about uplay since it runs in the background with the steam copy.

Finally got an armor that I am actually happy with it, gonna last me till the end of the game. I hate the armors that make Kassandra look flat as a board.

201901122158292njen.jpg

20190112230326hkkog.jpg

201901122355256tjby.jpg

20190112234930xfjuc.jpg

20190113003913bpkqy.jpg

The warpainted one is cool too, but I don't like it for dialogue scenes

20190112025715r3j6r.jpg

Soldato
I like the Viper set the most so far, my endgame will probably be Athenian War Hero. I don't think any of the helmets look good on Kassandra, I need hoods:p

Soldato
I quite like the regular Spartan armor, but I've just started wearing the Amazon armour too with the Ares helmet.

Tbh I'm not keen on the way you can change the look of all armours. I know most people will probably think it's a good feature but it kind of cheapens the whole thing. Part of the game in RPGs is trading looks vs stats with new gear... 'Yeah this helmet makes me invincible, but I look like an idiot so I'm not wearing it!' I also never use the hide helmet feature in games. You want the benefit of the protection/stats, you've got to put up with wearing it no matter how bad it looks!

Soldato
Tbh I'm not keen on the way you can change the look of all armours. I know most people will probably think it's a good feature but it kind of cheapens the whole thing. Part of the game in RPGs is trading looks vs stats with new gear... 'Yeah this helmet makes me invincible, but I look like an idiot so I'm not wearing it!' I also never use the hide helmet feature in games. You want the benefit of the protection/stats, you've got to put up with wearing it no matter how bad it looks!
I would agree if majority or armors didn't disgust me, but as they are, thank spaghetti monster for that feature. If I played Alexios, I could do without it, but as Kassandra it is necessary.

Caporegime
What's the quickest "Set" to get? Are they only Epic's?

I think there's only one set that's available in the 30s levels. There may be another couple that are 40s and then the rest are 50s. I don't know what they are without going to have a look. Check the cultists menu as it gives details of the rewards (when you have revealed identities).

Soldato
Aargh I'm getting so frustrated! Saw some guards beating up some guy so I went and spoke to them. A cutscene plays and I tell them to leave him alone. They attack me, and the merchant I was saving joins them!

Shall we work to improve the obviously broken AI or add more microtransactions?...

Man of Honour
Aargh I'm getting so frustrated! Saw some guards beating up some guy so I went and spoke to them. A cutscene plays and I tell them to leave him alone. They attack me, and the merchant I was saving joins them!

Ahh, the old, stranger in trouble trap. Successful on roadsides for millenia :)

Soldato
Bloody hell...

the minotaur is hard!

Again, really annoying though. I did all of the quests that lead up to the minotaur, which is a good quest chain. They were all level 31-33...then the cutscene plays where the kid opens the door to the labrynth and the quest to enter it is level 40!...so does the game want me to go off and do other things for 10 hours then come back? Bizarre! It should be level 34 at most so you do it in the logical order.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom