Talk to me about beef jerky

Soldato
I'm on a diet at the moment, of course. Beef jerky is a great snack, but the stuff I got from Test, Jack Link's, is horrible. It's almost synthetic.

What's the best in your experience? Ideally I'm looking for something tasty, I can buy in portioned packets, and that's not as dry as the Sahara.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Send me a trust if postage charges are too high and only wanted to try one packet before a larger order, I'm happy to pop across and stick it in the post.

Soldato
If you are thinking of regularly snacking on this long term (I mean why not, its not the worst thing you can eat) then consider buying a food dehyrator and making it yourself?

Save a ton of money in the long run and probably have a better prodeuct with a little practise.

Soldato
If you are thinking of regularly snacking on this long term (I mean why not, its not the worst thing you can eat) then consider buying a food dehyrator and making it yourself?

Save a ton of money in the long run and probably have a better prodeuct with a little practise.

Was just about to suggest this, if you're going to be eating lots regularly then make it yourself!

Soldato
I've made it in the past with silver side and it turned out pretty good. The secret is all in the marinade, whilst both of mine were edible one was distinctly better than the other. You can probably buy a dehydrator cheaply second hand as it's quite a faddish purchase and someone is likely to be getting rid.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
thread resurrection

I have decided I much prefer biltong to jerky, the texture is much better

I love having a bag with me when I am out walking or fishing as a snack

is the above recommendation still worth it or has anyone got any favourites worth trying?

Back
Top Bottom