Acer Predator X35 200hz HDR

Soldato
Does anyone have any new information regarding the release date of the X35?

Panels in mass production as of Q3 2018 according to this... http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/au-optronics-latest-panel-development-plans-october-2018/

Q1 release looking possible, but no official confirmation. That could be as late as March if accurate, but may even slip to summer. No one really knows yet. Perhaps CES in January will reveal more. The price of these is going to be painful though, so be prepared for that.

Soldato
I was interested in these until I saw they're yet another VA panel.

Has everyone given up on IPS for this size of monitor? Is this because of QA problems or are things improving with pixel response on newer VA panels?

Associate
Panels in mass production as of Q3 2018 according to this... http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/au-optronics-latest-panel-development-plans-october-2018/

Q1 release looking possible, but no official confirmation. That could be as late as March if accurate, but may even slip to summer. No one really knows yet. Perhaps CES in January will reveal more. The price of these is going to be painful though, so be prepared for that.

Well that's progress at least, would be awesome if it was available Q1 2019. I've started saving as much as I can in anticipation for this monitor....

I was interested in these until I saw they're yet another VA panel.

Has everyone given up on IPS for this size of monitor? Is this because of QA problems or are things improving with pixel response on newer VA panels?

Personally for the first time I am looking forward to moving away from IPS due to poor contrast ratios; I need better black levels! The only other reason I avoided VA panels in the past was due to super poor viewing angles which caused contrast and slight colour shift to occur when moving my head, but with curved 35" 21:9 panel I assume this would be less of an issue. I really hope that the massive delay with these monitors was in part due to resolving the said pixel response issues with VA panels, time will tell I guess.

Soldato
Personally for the first time I am looking forward to moving away from IPS due to poor contrast ratios; I need better black levels! The only other reason I avoided VA panels in the past was due to super poor viewing angles which caused contrast and slight colour shift to occur when moving my head, but with curved 35" 21:9 panel I assume this would be less of an issue. I really hope that the massive delay with these monitors was in part due to resolving the said pixel response issues with VA panels, time will tell I guess.

Yeah, I'll be looking out for reviews. Every VA panel I've watched in action (well, on video) I've been bothered by the various degrees of smearing and motion blur I've seen. I know a lot of people aren't as annoyed by this as I am, but I don't think I could consider a VA panel unless there was some real noticeable improvement in pixel response, especially darker transitions.

(I'm also kind of guiltily hoping these new panels don't make my incoming X34P look dated... :))

Soldato
Not strictly this monitor but gives us a tiny bit of info, pricing as expected;

https://streamable.com/rcpr3

No surprise there. This is going to have to be one goddamn amazing monitor to get enough people buying it at that price, and skirt all the usual issues that VA panels suffer from, smearing, ghosting, pixel response etc. At the price point they mention, it will categorically NOT be worth that if they don't fix these typical problems. I guess it's possible given how long this monitor has been in the works that they've been working on all these things, but we shall see...

Soldato
Yeah, 2.5k is too much... Even the LG38GL950G I'm only willing to go to a very maximum 2k (and even that will hurt). I paid like 950? I think for my XR34 when it released, and that was hugely expensive compared to the rest of the monitor market, but that looks like a straight up bargain compared to some of the ludicrous prices coming out now... it's like they've all been infected by the nVidia virus D:

Back
Top Bottom