Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
The camp is the worse part of the game for me, I wish I was just a lone ranger, don't get me wrong you can neglect the camp and do that, but I just wish this wasn't in the game at all.

Yeah, I find that I'm not really enjoying the camp, plus the fact you can't seem to run or ride your horse in the camp really makes it a grind.

Soldato
'Rushing' through the game now since I've already done a ton of exploring through chapters 2-3. I've gone from Chapter 4-6 in a few days and from what I've seen, the game is massive still in terms of quests. I've been focusing on most of the yellow and white ones and there are just loads. I'm doing this because I really want to restart and re-experience the beginning portion of the game where things are enjoyable. In addition I want to get the ending over and done with before some numpty youtube clown spoils it any further. I should finish Chapter 6 today I reckon.

Once I've finished the main campaign I'll save it for future use and then restart the game and create a save point towards the end of Chapter 2 where you unlock manual aiming eagle eye (some train mission) and then spend an eternity on that chapter hunting/exploring further. Hell I may just take advantage of that gold bar exploit to get me some cash real quick even though it doesn't matter much. Chapter 2 is the best place to make a hard save imo if you want to return to the game in future and bypass the lengthy beginning bits.

The camp is the worse part of the game for me, I wish I was just a lone ranger, don't get me wrong you can neglect the camp and do that, but I just wish this wasn't in the game at all.
The camp is a nice place to wind down after a long day of hunting out in the wilds. I didn't mind it really but I hated the fact that you're forced to walk really slow within the camp...

You can neglect the camp for a long time - At one point I didn't return for many days because I was exploring/hunting up North/NW and when I returned to the camp at Horse Shoe Overlook the food icon was on red (no reserves left) so I went nearby and hunted a few deer and brought those to camp. As far as I recall no one said anything. I see where you're coming from regarding a lone ranger - sometimes I felt the same way.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a bit confused with what I've read online, but should I be able to play RDR2 in 4K? I've got a PS4 Pro and 4K TV, but when I launch the game the TV changes to 1080.

Do you have a HDMI2.0 cable connected? I had problems with mine (Not sure what the included HDMI Cable is) But once I fitted one I bought from Amazon (After trying all the settings etc) It worked perfectly. 4K With HDR look, runs and plays fantastic(And even better when you optimise your game mode on your TV)

Here is a good guide. https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...-screen/ps4-pro--how-to-enable-4k-resolution/

Soldato
Battle Royale mode added to Red Dead Redemption 2 Online.

Today’s update to the Red Dead Online Beta introduces Gun Rush, where you’ll put your survival instincts to the test, gathering weapons and ammunition while the play area shrinks in this new mode for up to 32 players. Available to play now in Free-for-all and Team variations, where the last one standing wins.

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA UPDATE: PLAY NEW GUN RUSH MODE NOW, PLUS MORE TO COME

Looks good, though is it really BR if it's only 32 people IDK

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I'm a bit confused with what I've read online, but should I be able to play RDR2 in 4K? I've got a PS4 Pro and 4K TV, but when I launch the game the TV changes to 1080.

The frame drops at 4K on a PS4 Pro feel bad tbh. I'd stick to playing it at 1080p as you get a pin-sharp image.

Soldato
Nothing to be puzzled about really. The game's slow paced nature means that hunting in itself can consume a good amount of hours as does gathering herbs if you're into that thing. After hunting I could switch off the PS4 Pro or I could just visit a bar or the camp and get to know the people/gang more. If you don't do this you will miss out on a good chunk of quests and random encounters.

Soldato
Nothing to be puzzled about really. The game's slow paced nature means that hunting in itself can consume a good amount of hours as does gathering herbs if you're into that thing. After hunting I could switch off the PS4 Pro or I could just visit a bar or the camp and get to know the people/gang more. If you don't do this you will miss out on a good chunk of quests and random encounters.

Thanks, Shawreyboy cleared it up for me.

He's basically on about role playing for immersion. You can play poker, dominoes, 5FF, eat, drink and party at camp.

Pretty much as anyone would have done in the era (or still do when they camp out oooooh the little rascals!)

Shawrey

Oh I see. Sorry, that's the autism kicking in.

Soldato
I'm struggling with the super slow pace, it's like real life in terms of tasks, not interesting me at the moment which is a shame.

yeah I'm struggling to play more than a couple of hours at a time, it's little things like not being able to 'fast loot', not being able to fast travel back to camp (as far as I can tell?). It's a shame and it's frustrating because I love RPGs and it seems a fantastic game but it does feel too slow.

Soldato
I agree with the slow pace of it all but I eventually adapted and appreciated it, having said that I wish there was a way to bypass the animal skinning animations. The game does require some patience early on in and opens up in Chapter 2.

Soldato
I'm on chapter 6 and really struggling to finish this. Even after not playing for a week I switched it on today, was blown away by the visuals again, did one mission and then played something else. I put a lot of time into this and feel like I spent too long doing other things early on meaning I burnt out before finishing the story. I just can't be bothered any more.

Soldato
Getting tired of the stupid wanted system mechanics in this game, along with the never ending spawn of Lawmen/Bounty Hunters. Really ruining gameplay. Same can be said of the 'witness' thing. Even if you are out in the middle of nowhere someone seems to be around to spot you etc even if you have left the scene. I know you can pay off your Bounty but I have more owed than I have cash right now and I have been law abiding for the most part.

Soldato
Getting tired of the stupid wanted system mechanics in this game, along with the never ending spawn of Lawmen/Bounty Hunters. Really ruining gameplay. Same can be said of the 'witness' thing. Even if you are out in the middle of nowhere someone seems to be around to spot you etc even if you have left the scene. I know you can pay off your Bounty but I have more owed than I have cash right now and I have been law abiding for the most part.

I had an issue last night where I went to the butcher in Valentine to sell some animal I had just killed, I locked on to the butcher with L2 but then pressed R2 by mistake thus shooting him. All hell broke loose, I had the butcher wanting to fight me, random folk shooting at me and witnesses running away. I tried to pick up my animal and stick it on the horse so I could bolt but it was too late, they gunned me down. Are you able to hit people with your gun without shooting them? All I could seem to do was shoot him or punch if the gun was unequipped...

Also, any tips on using the lasso? The animals I catch seem to get out and run away.

Soldato
Finished the Epilogue moments ago. What an amazing ride. I may have previously mentioned that I wasn't hyped for this at all given I didn't think much of RDR1 beyond its superb main campaign. Despite that I recall spending a lot of time exploring its vast, yet barren world on my X360 back in the day. RDR2 just blew past any low expectations I had - it wasn't the main missions that did it, nor the characters but the strangers, the random ambushes, exploring and finding new things, hunting, the weather and lighting engine etc. Rockstar just nailed it.

RDR2 started off slow as hell and coming from AC: Odyssey this was hugely jarring but I carried on and slowly fell in love with the game and it's slow paced, immersive nature. Playing on a PS4 Pro @ 1080p with SS off was a joy and I had no frame rate issues at all, nor any crashes or bugs for that matter. I'd purchased the game 2nd hand and was lucky that the previous owner hadn't used the pre-order code so I was blessed with an Ardennes warhorse that remained my faithfull steed - even post game completion.

I had plans to restart the game upto a certain point in Chapter 2 (when you get manual eagle eye tagging on a train mission), make a hard save and then free-roam to my hearts content but I think I'll delay that idea for a bit and explore the southern regions post end game.

I do agree with you there. The wanted system is a mess and you get punished for merely defending yourself half the time. Even 'ghost' witnesses are a headache and can leave you in a lot of trouble. Hopefully they patch up various bugs over the next week or so before they entirely abandon SP for MP milkage.

Soldato
Also, any tips on using the lasso? The animals I catch seem to get out and run away.

I can't remember the button (one of the right triggers/bumpers) but you have to keep it held down even as you get off your horse then walk all the way to the animal then you can kill it. It does feel awkward and most of the time it's much easier to just use the right weapon and use dead eye to get a head shot.

Back
Top Bottom