Tygon flexible tubing

Associate
I am looking at flexible tubing options for my first water loop, just to keep things simple as I am a complete newbie to water cooling.

I hope that by using flexible tubing and compression fittings, it should mean that I can avoid having to be as exact with sizes as I would with rigid tubing and fittings.

I've been looking at Tygon flexible tubing, seems to be very good quality. Does anyone have any experience of it?

Man of Honour
Another vote for Mayhems here. It is very good tubing and is extremely good value. Tubing is a throw away item and it's silly to pay any more than what Mayhems is asking. I have used Masterkleer, XSPC, Primochill LRT soft tubing in the past and all of them have leeched plasticiser which then clogged my blocks. I then discovered Mayhems tubing and have never looked at anything else since. I now use hardline tubing inside my case but still use a lot of Mayhems 10/16mm externally to connect to my windowsill mounted radiators.

Man of Honour
Forgot to write that you still need to match up compression fitting sizes to tubing sizes. So Mayhems 16/10mm tubing requires 16/10mm compression fittings although you can get the tubing to fit with 7/16" (16/11mm) compression fittings. It's a very tight fit but it does work and I have had no problems using these sizes. Monsoon 16/10mm Chaingun fittings do not work with Mayhems 16/10mm tubing. They don't grip the tubing at all and it can easily be pulled off with just a gentle pull. Other Monsoon 16/10mm fittings are fine.

Associate
Monsoon 16/10mm Chaingun fittings do not work with Mayhems 16/10mm tubing. They don't grip the tubing at all and it can easily be pulled off with just a gentle pull. Other Monsoon 16/10mm fittings are fine.

I noticed this as well but it could be a batch issue with Mayhems or a case of counterfeit. I bought some 13/19 from Amazon and it was loose on my Monsoon fittings but the latest batch I bought (about a year later) from OCUK had thicker walls and gripped quite well on the same compression fittings. The Amazon tubing looks identical except for the slightly thinner walls and didn't leech in the year I had them in use.

Associate
My tubing was direct from Mayhems (it's cheaper that way) and the Monsoon fittings were from OCUK so nothing was counterfeit.

I was referring to my tubing from Amazon that may have been fake :) I actually have the fittings you linked, not the chain gun ones. The Amazon tubing was still loose with those but the OCUK stuff was fine.

Nem

Nem

Associate
Used Tygon for the last 15 years until the last build refresh when I've tried Mayhems Ultra Clear. Not quite as chunky as the Tygon but seems as good in every other way and cheaper by far.

Back
Top Bottom