• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card pricing

Associate
I've got a very old tower pc which is soon to be thrown away and I looked at the graphics card on the internet and a similar card popped up going for £230!? I was wondering if anyone could price my GPU for me? It's a R96A C3 AMD GPU. Super old ik cheers!

Soldato
There's no way on earth that card is worth £230, I gaurantee you that. Using the info you have given and google the card looks about 15 year old. It's worth about ten bob and a blood orange if your info is correct.

Associate
There are cases where old hardware sell for high prices. Business running mission critical PCs that they can't upgrade due to needing old software need spare parts. They want the exact same hardware as it's guaranteed to work without needing software updates, and supply and demand kicks in. Though assuming that's a 9600 pro (which it looks like with a quick google search) a quick look on ebay shows about £15.

Soldato
There are cases where old hardware sell for high prices. Business running mission critical PCs that they can't upgrade due to needing old software need spare parts. They want the exact same hardware as it's guaranteed to work without needing software updates, and supply and demand kicks in. Though assuming that's a 9600 pro (which it looks like with a quick google search) a quick look on ebay shows about £15.

I've seen some 8800 ultra's going for £50-60. AGP cards were expensive late time I had a look.

Back
Top Bottom