£2k build and sale of old kit

Associate
Hi,

I currently have the following - i7-3770k @4.4Ghz, Gigabytez77X-UD5H, 16GB DDR3, 1080Ti (Asus ROG Strix), 250GB SSD (Samsung EVO).
It generally runs fine but I've had a bit of a winfall and want to spend it on a new build.

Primary use is gaming.

I am considering either going for a new system entirely with 2080Ti and selling existing system as a whole or keeping the 1080Ti for now and selling as incomplete system or parts. Firslty, I assume selling a whole system is much easier than a partial system or parts but would welcome other people's advice on that.

For the system itself:
I'm thinking of including a new M.2 drive for primary use and don't need other storage.
Don't care about looks as the case is somewhat hidden away.
Don't want any fiddly water cooling but self contained is fine.
Want to be able to overclock.

Thanks,

Soldato
Yep, definately an option.

Looks like ryzen 3000 should make intel, until they can knock out 10nm node, the. AMD will counter with 7nm+ ... So finally we have a solid CPU war which will be based on power - currently ryzen does wonders as an all-round and it's pricing is the main selling point .

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,977.84 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Intel based ^^^^ if you can't wait​

Last edited:
Caporegime
Also keep in mind that a 2080Ti isn't really worth switching to at 1440p due to the fairly weak performance uplift (circa 20-25%). It really needs 4k to stretch its legs.

Get the new Acer XB273KP if you really want to make it cry :D (and tbf your current sys is fine if you just switch out the monitor and new Ti due to 4k putting more load onto the GPU ;))

Back
Top Bottom