Unhappy 2019

Soldato
Worst start to a year ever for me. Got laid off work on Tuesday and had a heart attack Wednesday. Currently in hospital waiting on tests to be done and bored stupid.
Why don't these places have treadmills

Soldato
That sucks.

Did you already have health issues or was the stress to blame (not sure if stress can cause a heart attack). If there is a notice period to serve I guess you'll be serving it while off sick.

BTW, I think I read you can't be laid off while you're in sick leave, if that's true the heart attack came a day late :)

Soldato
OP
No previous problems. Yeah it came a day late. Work might have picked up if I'd had a month off. I had an interview arranged for Monday which I can't now attend.
Someone else mentioned about stress being the cause but I'm unsure of the science behind it

Soldato
Just to walk on and get rid of built up energy. I'm still active and up and about but nothing to do

Sorry to hear of your health problems.

If you are bored, I'd normally say chatting up the nurses always helped me through the day.. though in your condition better take it easy.

Soldato
No previous problems. Yeah it came a day late. Work might have picked up if I'd had a month off. I had an interview arranged for Monday which I can't now attend.
Someone else mentioned about stress being the cause but I'm unsure of the science behind it

How old are you if you don’t mind me asking?

Soldato
OP
You're bored ? Could be worse dude, you did survive an attack from your heart, gee, some folk eh ?
Tbh I didn't know I'd had one, I went about my business as usual even collecting my tools from work. Even the doctors were talking about how I didn't look like I'd had one, only the blood test proved it

Soldato
Tbh I didn't know I'd had one, I went about my business as usual even collecting my tools from work. Even the doctors were talking about how I didn't look like I'd had one, only the blood test proved it

Firstly, i am sorry to hear these things happened to you. Was it a routine blood test that the heart attack was picked up on?

Worrying to know you can have one without knowing it?!?!

Edit: without knowing

Caporegime
Sorry for your crap start to the year. We lost 2 guys at work since new year. I saw one of them literally 2 hours before he passed away. Both guys were under 50 and seemingly in good health.

Soldato
Worst start to a year ever for me. Got laid off work on Tuesday and had a heart attack Wednesday. Currently in hospital waiting on tests to be done and bored stupid.
Why don't these places have treadmills

I guess it's good that all this happened within 11 days of the year starting meaning it can only get better. If it was 11 days before the end of the year, the outlook would be much more bleak

Back
Top Bottom