Holidays 2019

Soldato
Looks like I'm going to head back out to Vegas myself in March just to escape from it all for a week :)

Will return to Vegas again with some friends, possibly in September/October time and aiming to attend G2E this year as I have a slot channel and love all things slot machines.

Other than Vegas I have 3 nights in Hamburg for a stag do in May.

Soldato
Currently trying to decide between Prague and Budapest for 2 or 3 nights end of this month/beginning of Feb. Any recommendations for places to stay and eat as well as things to do in either, yes i know google helps but peoples opinions are much more helpful. I think we are leaning more towards Budapest but interest in anyones experience whos been

Soldato
A week at a Haven in Berwick-upon-Tweed is the only thing we have booked so far!

We've got a 2 year old and 2 dogs so we've decided to stay in the UK this year. We flew 3 times with our daughter last year and it was fine but she's at the frustrating toddler stage and I can't bare the thought of flying with her as I know she would be a pain. Plus, we have to pay for her own seat now which is annoying!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

England vs Wales Rugby in February
Poland in April for 3 nights
St Lucia in July for 14 nights (honeymoon)

Flying business class for the honeymoon, so pretty much anything extra is a minor miracle :p

Soldato
Gothenburg for three nights later this month.
My girlfriends favourite brewery has a bar there, and that’s the reason we’re going!

Perhaps a week in Seattle and couple of nights in Portland or Vancouver.
Can get to Seattle for £310 return which is the only reason I’m thinking about it.

Big trip is sounding like flying into Mexico City, spend two weeks working our way to Cancun and ending the trip with a few days in a resort there.

Finally I go away by myself every year and this year I fancy Israel or Lebanon. Flights are pricey so just waiting on a deal!

Luckily I get 28 days normal holiday but can flexi time another ten.
There’ll be a couple trips to London, Newcastle and either Skye or Islay as well - but these will be weekend trips.

Second trip of the year just booked. Flying into Bordeaux on Saturday, and out of Bilbao 8 days later. Should be a nice, gastronomic trip!

If anyone has been to either (or anywhere in between), love some recommendations. Ideally we'd like to stay at a vineyard...

Soldato
Second trip of the year just booked. Flying into Bordeaux on Saturday, and out of Bilbao 8 days later. Should be a nice, gastronomic trip!

If anyone has been to either (or anywhere in between), love some recommendations. Ideally we'd like to stay at a vineyard...

https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/chac-teau-ormes-de-pez.en-gb.html

This was really nice when we stayed there. The manager was super helpful in organising vineyard tours too. Highly recommended.

Soldato
Got a week in New York at the end of Jan then got 2 weeks "somewhere" in Asia in the summer so starting to look now but, as I'm going alone, I'm looking for something with lots of cultural activities like hiking through the Jungle to visit a temple etc rather than 2 weeks on the lash in Bangkok etc.

Associate
Jan - Iceland for a few days
April - skiing Tignes for week
August - Mijas Spain for a week
October - Hvar croatia for a week

Also looking to go to Tulum Mexico for a week at the tail end of the year , nothing booked yet though.

Soldato
call me mr boring but another year in Cornwall i honestly dont feel the need for anywhere else ,

2ci781g.jpg

Soldato
St Lucia in a couple of weeks time for the boyfriends 50th, a few days in Central France in June or July as we have friends who live over there. Other than that, probably a couple of long weekends camping in the New Forest.

Man of Honour
In April I'm going to the Scottish Lochs for 5 days and touring around in a coach.
In August Mrs Poole is 60 and we are taking her on a surprise holiday on a Sound Of Music tour but also taking in Hitler's Eagles Nest and other stuff.
We will also probably go somewhere in October, last year we went to Benidorm when we had avoided it all our lives, it was one of the best holidays ever because we love entertainment.

Soldato
call me mr boring but another year in Cornwall i honestly dont feel the need for anywhere else ,

2ci781g.jpg

Cornwall is amazing in the summer, but in the winter time it can get pretty miserable. The Easter rugby tours were phenomenal when the sun was shining, but there were a few with sleet which were less fun. The UK in general is pretty under rated by its inhabitants. The West Midlands is probably the last place most people would choose to move to from London for example, but the Worcestershire and Warwickshire countryside is stunning. The views across the Malvern hills are sensational.

Back
Top Bottom