• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS VEGA 64 Strix *Improve VRM temps fix*

Soldato
I sent a msg to ocuk about the card heat problem and if they had the fixed version.

The reply.

Hi there, all the information I can go off at the moment is that out of the total large amount of cards we have sold of this model we have only received 5 back as faulty so I can only assume there is no issues with the stock we have.

To be fair I did a search myself and could not find any information about it.

Even if it DID have the heat issue. A 10 min fix will sort you out and you get a cracking Strix card for a good price.

Caporegime
Did anything get back to asus about this? was there a factory fix at all?

Yes there was a fix, they revised the cooler to some extent to cover the problem area. Its in newer stock of the card but you could possibly get an older one depending on how long the store has had them.

https://i.imgur.com/PDCZRpm.jpg
PDCZRpm

Associate
Yes there was a fix, they revised the cooler to some extent to cover the problem area. Its in newer stock of the card but you could possibly get an older one depending on how long the store has had them.

https://i.imgur.com/PDCZRpm.jpg
PDCZRpm

Can anyone with the new card tell me what kind of VRM temperatures and GPU clocks they are getting?

I am in the middle of my second RMA with Asus waiting for them to send me a new card. The first card they have sent me still hits 110 degrees on the VRM playing stuff like Overwatch and it does not have the new heatsink piece on the cage so it was an old card.

Associate
Can anyone with the new card tell me what kind of VRM temperatures and GPU clocks they are getting?

I am in the middle of my second RMA with Asus waiting for them to send me a new card. The first card they have sent me still hits 110 degrees on the VRM playing stuff like Overwatch and it does not have the new heatsink piece on the cage so it was an old card.

I didn’t get much time to test, but my card was hitting 1618mhz on the core at roughly 65c, I’ll get HBM temps later and report back.

Associate
FQRikdH

https://imgur.com/a/FQRikdH
FQRikdH

This is what my cards HWinfo report looks like, I'm most curious in the new VR VDDC temperatures because they gotta be better if your core temps are only 65c.

Ive just ran time spy stress test for 30minutes, the HBM topped out at around 71c with the core at around 67c. The HBM i only had clocked to 980mhz though.

My card also has the additional little heatsink mod also.

Associate
Ive just ran time spy stress test for 30minutes, the HBM topped out at around 71c with the core at around 67c. The HBM i only had clocked to 980mhz though.

My card also has the additional little heatsink mod also.
Well hopefully my card has the little heatsink. Did you get a chance to check the VR VDDC temperature too? I assume case and ventilation has a lot to do with cooling too.

Back
Top Bottom