• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
Got a 56 Pulse arriving tomorrow to replace an Asus RX480, hopefully a decent upgrade. I was going to replace the 4790K first but really want a Ryzen 3000 so hopefully this will fix the itch :)

Associate
Anyone found some good underclock(s) with the new software? Seeing as it now allows you to change State 1 - 7.

Came here to ask this exact question! If anyone could guide me for a good undervolt and overclock approach with the new software that'd be great! I don't really know what I'm doing otherwise.

Associate
Card arrived today, all good. One thing though, I have undervolted to 1100 and I am still seeing 80 degrees on the memory, my case is a little cramped and I will sort out better airflow but is 80 degrees on the HBM memory ok ?

Soldato
To give a comparison my Vega 56 runs at max 70c Gpu / max 72c hbm, using p6 & p7 at 1590, power +25%, target temp 68c, voltage 1100 and fan 800 to 3000. It is completely stable and never crashes, on checking it has Samsung memory and reports 200w power usage when maxed out.

In bf5 & far cry 5 at 1080p ,hbm solid at 875 and Gpu runs pretty much at 100% unless in bf5 it hits the 144fps cap which means it is limited by the game. For far cry 5 I had to manually set fps cap at 144 and turn off motion blur to get the Gpu to run at around 100%. Seems sometimes the game as well can limit performance.

Just be careful overclocking with power and temps, and take your time.

Associate
So im doing a full new build next month and have seen the sapphire Vega 56 pulse for £315 on ocuk. Does anyone think it'll go cheaper in the next month or two? Im thinking if anything it might go back up to £350+ and stay there with the 2060 only having 6gb vram people might just opt for the 56 with free games for cheaper instead.

My budget for a gpu is £400 but the 64 doesnt seem like its worth £100 over the 56, 2070 seems pointless at £500 and similar performance to V64, so im not sure if I should just quickly get the 56 now before they go back up to £350+.

Currently using a gtx 980 at 1080p, going 1440p which is the main reason for the gpu upgrade. gtx 980 will go to my brother who still has an ancient 10 year old gtx 260.

Associate
Ok Guys, I could do with a little help, my wattman settings wont stick on startup, also tried the overdriveNtool. I have fastboot off in bios and settings.

Anyone have any idea, really want to keep voltage low and fan speed higher. not after any extra performance, simply lower power draw and less heat.

Cheers Sam

Soldato
So im doing a full new build next month and have seen the sapphire Vega 56 pulse for £315 on ocuk. Does anyone think it'll go cheaper in the next month or two? Im thinking if anything it might go back up to £350+ and stay there with the 2060 only having 6gb vram people might just opt for the 56 with free games for cheaper instead.

My budget for a gpu is £400 but the 64 doesnt seem like its worth £100 over the 56, 2070 seems pointless at £500 and similar performance to V64, so im not sure if I should just quickly get the 56 now before they go back up to £350+.

Currently using a gtx 980 at 1080p, going 1440p which is the main reason for the gpu upgrade. gtx 980 will go to my brother who still has an ancient 10 year old gtx 260.

I'm no expert on these things, and not sure how prices are going to change (but how long do you want to play the waiting game anyway), but I've just ordered the Vega 56 pulse myself as I think its pretty much the best value in this sort of price range.

I recently did a new build using a Vega 64 but sent it back due to particularly bad coil whine, my initial plan was just to order another 64, but it was a bit of a rushed purchase initially so I spent a bit more time. I just think for the performance difference its not really worth the extra over the 56. Annoyingly as soon as I made my decision the 56 pulse jumped up from £320 to £360, but I waited a couple of days and yesterday it dropped to £315 so I ordered quickly.

Associate
I tried overclocking & undervolting with some values yesterday and running fire strike. The game would crash and GPU-Z would show a massive power spike to 1500W on the GPU (I presume incorrect since there's a power limit that I set to 33%). Oh god. I went back to balanced for the time being.

Since everyone talks about overclocking just p6-p7 and setting max temp etc (new software is p1-p5 as well now, no max temp but a curve etc). Should I maybe downgrade my drivers down to an older version and stick with that instead? My zero RPM doesn't work ever since I changed a profile in the AMD settings (when I first got the card it worked).

If yes, what version of the drivers are the most stable?

Soldato
I think my card has a problem, I started getting crashes on Friday, tried a clean install of drivers using ddu, nothing is over clocked everything is at stock. All the games I try crash after a few mins. BF1,ROTTR,FARCRY 5, I even ran the heaven benchmark and that crashed as well. Any of you guys have any ideas?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I think my card has a problem, I started getting crashes on Friday, tried a clean install of drivers using ddu, nothing is over clocked everything is at stock. All the games I try crash after a few mins. BF1,ROTTR,FARCRY 5, I even ran the heaven benchmark and that crashed as well. Any of you guys have any ideas?

Have you installed Afterburner to do any tweaks at all?

Associate
Hello guys,

So my new vega 56 sapphire just arrived, and i have an issue, I put the card in the slot, i got all 16 pins in, the fans are spinning, led is on, but I get no display from it, I know for a fact that monitor is not a problem, cause i can still run my r9 390 old card, and my intels graphic card without issues.
I believe that motherboard is not at problem aswell, since the card is being recognized, and I don't think that the PSU is at fault, since I'm running r9 390 with no problem, and 390 actually consumes more then 56 does.

Anyone had any similar problems, or could it be that the card is at problem?

Back
Top Bottom