GPU temps high for custom loop?

Associate
Hi all.

Am posting regarding the build in my signature.

Currently I have three radiators - one on top exhausting, one of bottom exhausting and one on front as an intake.

CPU is overclocked to 4.6GHz at 1.18v and temps reach around 70C when gaming and GPU reaches around 50C.

Some people have commented saying my GPU is getting a bit too hot for the cooling I have in place. Would you agree?

If so the only thing I can think that would improve temps is to remove the front radiator as it is currently exhausting the hot air into the case. Maybe the temps will be better if I take it out and allow the case fans to blow cool air into the case.

What would be your opinions?

Thanks,
Paul

Soldato
The front is the only one bringing cold air in mate... if anything I would change bottom to in also, with those temps it’s worth checking flow and also remounting the block with new paste.

Low flow could be an issue so try max pump and see if it makes a difference, if not redo block mount with good paste and check it’s had good contact.

Associate
OP
OK thanks.

I know the block and paste are good.

I only have one pump and it has a lot to push through but I run it at 100% so not sure that would be an issue.

Good shout on changing the bottom rad. Will have a go at changing it round.

Associate
50c isn't bad, though it's a tad high for a watercooled setup. My 980ti reaches 45c under load.

My Threadripper reaches 60c which I was a tad unhappy with seeing that other people managed to get better results with air cooling. But, at the end of the day you have to remember that they are just numbers. If the system is stable, it's probably not worth draining and re-filling the loop.

I only have one pump and it has a lot to push through but I run it at 100% so not sure that would be an issue.

What pump is it? My EK D5 pump runs at a constant 40% (the highest it goes without being audible) and has no issues with, 2x 360mm rads, 1x 240mm rad, 1x GPU block and 1x CPU block. People don't give pumps enough credit. I recommend lowering the speed and see how little difference pump speed makes.

Soldato
70c would be too hot for my liking, my 1080ti gets to 42c after a hour of full load.

I'd change the fans on your bottom rad to suck air in to start with and look at repasting and mounting your blocks.

Associate
OP
70c would be too hot for my liking, my 1080ti gets to 42c after a hour of full load.

I'd change the fans on your bottom rad to suck air in to start with and look at repasting and mounting your blocks.
70C is my CPU, GPU gets to a max of 50.

Plan to change the bottom rad to intake.

Soldato
GPU at 50 is not an issue!

1) you don't say what the fans are and without knowing that, knowing that there are x radiators doesn't tell us enough.
2) I can't see any mention of what the GPU is. Is it overclocked, overvolted? Is it a hot GPU or a little tiny one? (I'm guessing it's a big power-hungry one?)
3) is the room hot? The only temps that matter are deltas i.e. above ambient.

Don't get hung up on what you "should" or "shouldn't" be getting. Is your rig quiet? Does it look awesome? Is it stable? If you answer three yesses (sp?) then be happy.

Back
Top Bottom