Any experience with MX speed switches?

Associate
I'm looking at picking up the Corsair K95. I'm used to Cherry reds but not attached to them. Struggling to decide whether to play it pretty safe with browns or try the speed switches. I'm wondering if the shorter actuation distance will be a help or a hinderance in gaming.

Associate
Hi Again Cap!

Speed switches are great for FPS / MOBA gamers, however i'm used to "resting" my hand on the keyboard, sometimes with the smaller actuation if you rest on a key, you can sometimes activate it. Just takes a bit of adapting to.

We also offer the Brown switch on the K95 Platinum which has a 2mm actuation.

Permabanned
Hi Again Cap!

Speed switches are great for FPS / MOBA gamers, however i'm used to "resting" my hand on the keyboard, sometimes with the smaller actuation if you rest on a key, you can sometimes activate it. Just takes a bit of adapting to.

We also offer the Brown switch on the K95 Platinum which has a 2mm actuation.

I love my Rapidfire infact i wanted a low profile version of my K65 which i have a bag for and thus limited in size. I think as long as your fingers can rest ok its really good. I only have issues with mine in typing which is getting better. But never in any games do i hit a button resting.

Its the first kind of thing someone like OP should try its the fastest way to get off a key in games.

Associate
I have the MX Speed Switches and think they are great! Sensitive but not too crazy! Just a modern update to the Reds to make them actuate a little quicker and easier. I used to have brown by the way but realised for gaming having to surf over the bump all the time on the WASD keys was not nice.

Watch this video and this is what made me buy the MX Speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpISYlFj1ro

Soldato
I have just finished building a new mechanical keyboard and I went with the Kailh Silver Speed Switches. These are licensed Cherry clones, although the Silver switches require slightly less actuation force and have 0.1mm less travel than the MX Speed, but so far I am quite liking them.

I came from a Majestouch board with MX Browns and even after a few days I am already getting used to the much lighter touch required for the Speed switches. I have been doing a fair bit of typing and FPS gaming and so far they have been great. There is the odd fumble as, like CorsairChris, I too have lazy fingers and often rest them on the board. :p

Back
Top Bottom