Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
I had an issue last night where I went to the butcher in Valentine to sell some animal I had just killed, I locked on to the butcher with L2 but then pressed R2 by mistake thus shooting him. All hell broke loose, I had the butcher wanting to fight me, random folk shooting at me and witnesses running away. I tried to pick up my animal and stick it on the horse so I could bolt but it was too late, they gunned me down. Are you able to hit people with your gun without shooting them? All I could seem to do was shoot him or punch if the gun was unequipped...

Also, any tips on using the lasso? The animals I catch seem to get out and run away.

It is frustrating when you are just roaming around minding your own business, and suddenly a bunch of bounty hunters appear. You really have to keep an eye on the radar even when out in the middle of nowhere. I think you can just press the melee button if you want to hit someone whilst holding a gun. Haven't really done that much as if they are shooting at me then I shoot back.

I just usually hold R2 when lassoing an animal. Arthur then just seems to reel them in. I usually study each animal if possible as that shows the weapon to use for a clean kill. Using a Shotgun apparently isn't the way to go :D

Soldato
It is frustrating when you are just roaming around minding your own business, and suddenly a bunch of bounty hunters appear. You really have to keep an eye on the radar even when out in the middle of nowhere. I think you can just press the melee button if you want to hit someone whilst holding a gun. Haven't really done that much as if they are shooting at me then I shoot back.

I just usually hold R2 when lassoing an animal. Arthur then just seems to reel them in. I usually study each animal if possible as that shows the weapon to use for a clean kill. Using a Shotgun apparently isn't the way to go :D

Thanks for the tips, was happily playing last night until the t.v went to a black screen. That's me done playing RDR2 or any other game for the foreseeable... :(

Soldato
Seriously getting fed up with this game now. Running through a valley on foot after accidentally killing my Horse :o and I get a 'Wanted dead or alive' popup for no reason. Even though there wasn't a soul around, the game immediately spawned two enemies right behind me who shot me dead straight away :rolleyes:

Soldato
Think I'm done so many things spoil it for me.

1. Other than the missions on the map I struggle to know what im doing.

2. I needed a perfect beever pelt for one and it was in the river, couldn't retreive it. That made me rage quit.

3. Its too slow, I could deal with this pace but point 1 makes it worse.

4. I don't care for brushing my horse or eating different foods, I just want a health refill, not a core Vs outer ring.

5. Why can't I run through the camp.

I really liked the first game as well.

Associate
Not picked this up since completing it ages ago. I just can’t be bothered to try online and until some dlc comes out I don’t think I’ll bother playing again.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Think I'm done so many things spoil it for me.

1. Other than the missions on the map I struggle to know what im doing.

2. I needed a perfect beever pelt for one and it was in the river, couldn't retreive it. That made me rage quit.

3. Its too slow, I could deal with this pace but point 1 makes it worse.

4. I don't care for brushing my horse or eating different foods, I just want a health refill, not a core Vs outer ring.

5. Why can't I run through the camp.

I really liked the first game as well.

1) What do you mean "struggle to know what i'm doing" ?

2) Sounds like a bit of anger management might be in order :p

3) Fair enough, that's personal preference. I like the slower pace

4) To be fair, you don't need to brush your horse, just ride it through some water on the way somewhere. You don't need to pick/eat different foods either, just buy a meal at a saloon, or use a health/stamina/dead eye tonic instead...Perhaps watching some videos of the game beforehand would have saved you from getting the game if stuff like that isn't to your gaming tastes though.

5) One point I do agree with, it's a stange mechanic, and not sure why it doesn't allow this.

Spoiler about after the ending;

I quite like the fact they kept John's inability to swim from the first game, in this, I totally forgot when I first started playing as John and promptly drowned him when crossing a river lol

Man of Honour
Never played any of the red dead games before this so had no idea of who John was etc and what happened in terms of explaining the events of 2 in the first game.

So the ending of chapter 6...man, I know you get warning in terms of the TB, but I was hoping some how Arthur would live. He really grew on me as the game went on, especially in chapter 6. Was pretty choked as I got the good ending where he is left to die on the rock as the sun rises.

I don’t much like the game other than the story, but wow what a story. One of the best told stories in a game for a long long time

Soldato
Never played any of the red dead games before this so had no idea of who John was etc and what happened in terms of explaining the events of 2 in the first game.

So the ending of chapter 6...man, I know you get warning in terms of the TB, but I was hoping some how Arthur would live. He really grew on me as the game went on, especially in chapter 6. Was pretty choked as I got the good ending where he is left to die on the rock as the sun rises.

I don’t much like the game other than the story, but wow what a story. One of the best told stories in a game for a long long time

It is hugely sad that Arthur's death was down to the very man (Downes) who he beat up in Chapter 2 - all of this harks back to Herr Strauss and in Chapter 6 Arthur realises this and throws him out of the camp. I got the same ending but didn't tear up - I was glad Arthur was finally relieved of his pain and his redemption set. The conversation with the nun at Emerald Station was where Arthur's pain was made evident and that was one of the best conversations in the entire game imo.

It is a terrific story indeed, even moreso when you play RDR1 because certain RDR2 characters are all there. For a game that gives you 'choices' it is a shame we can't choose NOT to beat up Downes but it is what it is I suppose.

Something happened at the end of RDR2's development because Rockstar have seemingly cut back or changed the way the game ended. Gamers have uncovered a lot of Arthur's lines that are used in the New Austin territory meaning he was likely to go there. Instead as you know, you end up playing as John.

If you'd played RDR1 then you'd be blown away by the epilogue containing New Austin because the memories come flooding back. Rockstar did a bang on terrific job in recreating the landscape from RDR1 because mostly everything I remember is still there. Riding down that winding path towards Armadillo, with the church nearby brought back memories of me playing on my 360 back in the day. As I ventured forwards I recalled the exact position where a huge fort was. Rockstar absolutely nailed this extended map.

Keep playing the Epilogue! I really enjoyed it!

Soldato
I had an issue last night where I went to the butcher in Valentine to sell some animal I had just killed, I locked on to the butcher with L2 but then pressed R2 by mistake thus shooting him. All hell broke loose, I had the butcher wanting to fight me, random folk shooting at me and witnesses running away. I tried to pick up my animal and stick it on the horse so I could bolt but it was too late, they gunned me down. Are you able to hit people with your gun without shooting them? All I could seem to do was shoot him or punch if the gun was unequipped...

Also, any tips on using the lasso? The animals I catch seem to get out and run away.

HAHAHAHAHAHA... I did exactly the same thing... Shot him in the face then had the town after me. If you go back later he has a injury on his face and bandage/patch and he says something about him being tougher than he looks and lets not have any more trouble like that..

Soldato
It is hugely sad that Arthur's death was down to the very man (Downes) who he beat up in Chapter 2 - all of this harks back to Herr Strauss and in Chapter 6 Arthur realises this and throws him out of the camp. I got the same ending but didn't tear up - I was glad Arthur was finally relieved of his pain and his redemption set. The conversation with the nun at Emerald Station was where Arthur's pain was made evident and that was one of the best conversations in the entire game imo.

It is a terrific story indeed, even moreso when you play RDR1 because certain RDR2 characters are all there. For a game that gives you 'choices' it is a shame we can't choose NOT to beat up Downes but it is what it is I suppose.

Something happened at the end of RDR2's development because Rockstar have seemingly cut back or changed the way the game ended. Gamers have uncovered a lot of Arthur's lines that are used in the New Austin territory meaning he was likely to go there. Instead as you know, you end up playing as John.

If you'd played RDR1 then you'd be blown away by the epilogue containing New Austin because the memories come flooding back. Rockstar did a bang on terrific job in recreating the landscape from RDR1 because mostly everything I remember is still there. Riding down that winding path towards Armadillo, with the church nearby brought back memories of me playing on my 360 back in the day. As I ventured forwards I recalled the exact position where a huge fort was. Rockstar absolutely nailed this extended map.

Keep playing the Epilogue! I really enjoyed it!

Agreed, I was pretty gutted about the game not containing the most iconic landscape of the first game and then there it was in the prologue. I was beaming from ear to ear exploring Tumbleweed (I am pretty sure someone saying its going to be a thriving town in the future... Oh little do they know lol!) Gaptooth Ridge etc.. One thing it is missing though is the Devils Eye rock formation but I think that was in the Mexico part of the map.

Man of Honour
Getting tired of the stupid wanted system mechanics in this game, along with the never ending spawn of Lawmen/Bounty Hunters. Really ruining gameplay. Same can be said of the 'witness' thing. Even if you are out in the middle of nowhere someone seems to be around to spot you etc even if you have left the scene. I know you can pay off your Bounty but I have more owed than I have cash right now and I have been law abiding for the most part.
I’m very late to the party on this but.... wear your bandana pretty much all the time. If you commit a crime with your bandana on you don’t get a bounty on your head.

Soldato
Guys, how much longer roughly for the main story line, trying to get this finished and move on, but at the same time don't want to rush it if I'm nearing the end, as I will do some side missions if I am.

I'm on Chapter 4 I believe
and done about 4 main quests in and around St Denis

Soldato
Without rushing and including the epilogue (which you will want to do), 15-20 hours unless you're rushing, a lot more if you are doing sidequests/collectibles.

Thank's, I'm on Chapter 5 now, I'm not trying to rush it, but do want to try and stick with the main missions, I might even replay it in the future and spend more time on the side activities.

Associate
After about 2 months of leaving myself somewhere in Chapter 3, I jumped back in this weekend. Spent ages remembering what the controls are especially how to put my gun away, then accidentally ran over and killed a dog with my horse. Immediately felt sad and felt I had to reload my game.. At that point my daughter awoke from her nap, I am making very slow progress :D

Back
Top Bottom