• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

Associate
Just seen this finally sorted scubes. I need to post on the same forum, mines doing it again now no signal. Last 3 times I have tried to run a game it has crashed after 5-10mins.

BF V yesterday crashed to no signal yesterday.
Mass effect Andromeda - 5mins crashed to no signal just.

I gave it fair chance but ive had enough now, I have tried at least 10 games. The only game that has not crashed on me is Forza Horizon 4.

I will post in the CS forum now see what they say.

Soldato
mine should be there today and replacement should be with me Thursday all being well.these cards were rushed out the door nvidia should be ashamed of themselves. Come on amd get something to compete with nvidia .ive been reading someone had 4 cards faulty that’s mad for a GPU.

Associate
Just had an email back from Gigabyte to say that they have replaced my card and it will be with me tomorrow. Bit of a relief after all the horror stories I've been reading. Just hope the replacement comes with no faults.

Associate
Scubes did you say you did not want another Aorus or was you given an option? They don't have any in stock and I think I would rather have a different card now anyway after all the issues, another one posted above as well now!

I have had a reply form Bailey who has raised an RMA for me. Did you ship the card in its original box or just the bare card?

Associate
Not addressed to me I know but I would send in original boxing and stick that in another box which us what Gigabyte recommended me to do. These boxes get thrown about and if it gets damaged in post they will just return it.

Soldato
Scubes did you say you did not want another Aorus or was you given an option? They don't have any in stock and I think I would rather have a different card now anyway after all the issues, another one posted above as well now!

I have had a reply form Bailey who has raised an RMA for me. Did you ship the card in its original box or just the bare card?

It was all packaged in original packing . I asked bailey for a ventus I see they are sold out but I’m hoping bailey put one a side for me :D

Last edited:
Associate

Bailey has been dealing with me as well. Credit where credit is due he has been sound about it all. RMA now in place and I'll be sending it off tomorrow in it's original packaging. I've said the outcome I want is a refund and I'll buy a different 2080Ti. Not happy at all, two weeks of use and only really about 30 hours gaming and it dies. Unless I am able to swap for another card at the same price. Unfortunately every card I look at is out of stock. :(

Associate
Just seen this finally sorted scubes. I need to post on the same forum, mines doing it again now no signal. Last 3 times I have tried to run a game it has crashed after 5-10mins.

BF V yesterday crashed to no signal yesterday.
Mass effect Andromeda - 5mins crashed to no signal just.

I gave it fair chance but ive had enough now, I have tried at least 10 games. The only game that has not crashed on me is Forza Horizon 4.

I will post in the CS forum now see what they say.

Hopefully you get it all sorted mate. I'm hoping for a similar outcome myself as I just don't feel a £1600 card should just fail after a couple of weeks. In some respect I am glad I'm not the only one. Running my old 980Ti now and no issues at all. I was border line think it was the PSU but ruled that out with my spare 1000w platinum superflower.

Cable manged everything back up and ran out of small black cable ties with only 3 left to do :D

Associate
Hopefully you get it all sorted mate. I'm hoping for a similar outcome myself as I just don't feel a £1600 card should just fail after a couple of weeks. In some respect I am glad I'm not the only one. Running my old 980Ti now and no issues at all. I was border line think it was the PSU but ruled that out with my spare 1000w platinum superflower.

Cable manged everything back up and ran out of small black cable ties with only 3 left to do :D

I already sold my 980ti! Never had any issues with that, dont really every recall having any games crash - at least vanishingly rare if they did. I will have to make do with onboard for the time being.

Yeah I thought as much regarding box etc.

I never actually asked for a refund/replacement but the RMA email states replacement. I too would rather have a differnt brand card now after all our problems.

I just hope they don't say there is nothing wrong like they did with scubes at first!

Thanks,
Sean

Associate
I already sold my 980ti! Never had any issues with that, dont really every recall having any games crash - at least vanishingly rare if they did. I will have to make do with onboard for the time being.

Yeah I thought as much regarding box etc.

I never actually asked for a refund/replacement but the RMA email states replacement. I too would rather have a differnt brand card now after all our problems.

I just hope they don't say there is nothing wrong like they did with scubes at first!

Thanks,
Sean
I’ll keep you up to date with what’s going on with my situation mate. They can’t tell me nothing is wrong with mine. I caught it on video.

I have every intention to let them resolve my issue without any problems but if I have too then it’ll go further. I don’t spend £1600 on something for it to go wrong and knowingly go wrong just like a few others on here to not get my money back or an option to exchange for another branded card from OCUK.

Maybe a coincidence but since I put my 980Ti back in the system as a whole boots a lot quicker now.

Soldato
I have a question for all Aorus 2080ti owners.

I have now had two of these cards, and these seem to exhibit some strange behaviour.

So lets say i set up the graphics card in the Aorus software, ie set a certain pattern to the LED on the fans and apply the setting. Everything is fine but then after shutting the PC down it seems to reset back to just red led colour on the fans. So the issue seems to be LED setting reset all the time, it actually happens without even resetting.

The next BIG issue is, the led seem to just turn off for about 15 seconds and the fans shut down and it starts back up, usually forgetting the led setting. The issue is that when it does this during playing a game, it seem to cause stuttering in the game and after 15 seconds it all good again.

This is exhibited on two cards now. I have updated the to the latest software and its still the same and used the card in a different PC and it does the same thing.

There needs to be a boycott of gigabyte hardware for releasing such a badly made card.

is anyone else getting anything similar to this?

Last edited:
Soldato
As use all read about my problems I was having crashing games (like seanyc5 and my black screens.thank god im not the only one with this card I just hope my replacement works out better for me OcUK having been exellent this time after showing the video I took . Hopefully today they will post my replacement card . these gigabyte cards have been a real shocker for me never have a I got a price of hardware with this much trouble .

Soldato
Even the GeForce forums have people having problems with these cards.nvidia should recall them back but that wouldn’t buy Jenson anymore leather jackets how can big company like this let these cards out for use is beyond me .

Back
Top Bottom