• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia announces RTX 2060, more powerful than GTX 1070 Ti at $350

Soldato
Not surprising these prices. Was thinking of getting my brother one as an upgrade to his 280X but prices are a joke and only 6GB VRAM at nearly £400 is laughable for a midrange card.
Don't get me wrong, I think for £349 the 2060 would be king for 1080p gaming for people with display of 120/144Hz and the 6GB would probably be ok, but I wouldn't trust it for doing 1440p as despite the supposing comparable grunt comparing to the 1070ti, the chances are the 2060 would need settings (particularly things like texture details) turned down sooner than the 1070ti or even the 1070 which both have 8GB vram.

2060 is probably fine for 1440p if people are fully prepared for the need to turn down texture level in the not too distance future.

Associate
Well it's out now from £350 on OCUK. It'll be interesting to see what happens with it and the nearby models like the 1070 Ti in coming weeks.

Soldato
I would take a 1070/1070ti/Vega56/Vega64 over the joke that is a 2060, nearly £400 lol.
I remember half seriously joking about the way things were going a year or two ago, we would see 128-bit bus cards priced at over £200 from Nvidia in the forms of xx50 cards; but now it would looks like it actually will become a reality, and very soon as well...

Caporegime
£129 more got me a brand new 1080ti 2 months ago with a 3 years warranty....:eek:

The GFX card sector is complete bonkers...:mad:

It's ludicrous pricing, if this keeps up people will just either quit gaming or say "stick this up your arse" and go to a console. Things have just got totally out of hand in regards to pricing, then you have to factor all the convenient excuses that lets retailers hike the price even further.

Associate
The siege mentality of sticking with what you've got +/- sneaking in an on-sale affordable upgrade will do us all some good (as well as the market). Will just have to wait and see if the herd are of a similar mindset.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
It just means I go longer and longer between upgrades now. They aren't getting more money out of me by charging more for the same tier each generation, I'll just space out upgrades more so it averages out I'm paying the same as before.

Back
Top Bottom