The dark web and future IT blogs

Soldato
Hey guys. I've been given the job of producing an IT related blog or two per month as part of a marketing push and this is my first. It's on the dark web and best practices. Hopefully it's OK to post this here!

I'm mostly after constructive criticism and am trying to make these as relevant and interesting as possible - if only to feel good about doing this rather than simply pushing our services.

http://www.ingenious.co.uk/what-is-the-dark-web/

I'd also be very appreciative of any suggestions for future blogs. Blockchain will likely be one, but tbh i'm struggling with ideas.

Caporegime
Sounds like a BS task tbh...

I remember when a new grad started at a previous company I worked at, he was a smart chap, had come from a prestigious university etc.. he was tasked with writing a "white paper" on Islamic finance.

The things that did amuse me slight about it were that:

a) he was a Hindu - I think they assumed he was Muslim when they gave him the task
b) the company, though finance related, had absolutely nothing to do with Islamic finance and offered no relevant products/solutions...

It was just a fluff piece for the company to stick on their website, send out an e-mail to clients saying "hey, look at our latest white paper on this subject".

I'm mostly after constructive criticism and am trying to make these as relevant and interesting as possible[...]

I'd also be very appreciative of any suggestions for future blogs. Blockchain will likely be one, but tbh i'm struggling with ideas.

Why not focus on things your company actually does? What does your company have to do with blockchain? It looks like you provide IT support?

Associate
I read half of it and scanned the last bitty. I liked it. I read it out loud to my GF. It is interesting. GF wants to watch a YTUB on darkweb so you piqued her interest.

Suggestions in the spirit of what you asked forum bud:

Could do with a snappier title.

Bigger font for the script - it is a bit small IMO.

Read your draft aloud over and over and make it flow effortlessly.

Didn't see any typos - bravo!

Find someone who is a master wordsmith (someone who writes for a newspaper ideally) and get them to edit it.

Get lots of people to read it. Print it off double spaced A4 size 12 font and give it to folk to read and mark up.

Smaller snappier paragraphs making a point and then start a new one.

"Databases and password protected pages." Is not a complete sentence.

Topics?
Why do IT people make such insecure crappy software?
Why don't people who make websites never watch the general public use their creation (and struggle)
How to make secure passwords which you can remember
Best way to secure your PC online
Cool keyboard shortcuts
IOT
Best way to back up your data

Best pod

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Please don't use the phrase 2FA. That's a not a thing and should be outlawed. It's MFA
I knew exactly what he meant. No idea what you're talking about though, can only assume the M is for multi.

Feel sorry for you op, I went through this with my last company. I hated being forced to write blogs even when I had ideas. The ideas were there initially, but soon dried up. Sounds like you're drying up after the first couple.

If you want out, make them bad. They'll soon stop asking.

Soldato
I knew exactly what he meant. No idea what you're talking about though, can only assume the M is for multi.

Feel sorry for you op, I went through this with my last company. I hated being forced to write blogs even when I had ideas. The ideas were there initially, but soon dried up. Sounds like you're drying up after the first couple.

If you want out, make them bad. They'll soon stop asking.

And this is why the IT world is doomed. 2FA implies vulnerability (only one other option to access with no true breakglass). MFA gives you options.

I've seen companies use their own O365 Sykpe instance to provide 2FA to authenticate against Azure and O365.... FAIL

Back
Top Bottom