• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

Soldato
Hopefully you get it all sorted mate. I'm hoping for a similar outcome myself as I just don't feel a £1600 card should just fail after a couple of weeks. In some respect I am glad I'm not the only one. Running my old 980Ti now and no issues at all. I was border line think it was the PSU but ruled that out with my spare 1000w platinum superflower.

Cable manged everything back up and ran out of small black cable ties with only 3 left to do :D

My old 970 stable as a rock no issues at all.

Associate
These RTX 20** megabuck GFX cards are suposidly based on a Turing design (I presume they mean the WII decoder Alan Turing?). Surely a system based on a seventy year old plus design can't be valid in this day and age? And if so... why has it taken seventy years to catch up with Turing (RIP)? Something not adding up here... I think I will pass.

Caporegime
These RTX 20** megabuck GFX cards are suposidly based on a Turing design (I presume they mean the WII decoder Alan Turing?). Surely a system based on a seventy year old plus design can't be valid in this day and age? And if so... why has it taken seventy years to catch up with Turing (RIP)? Something not adding up here... I think I will pass.

Umm :eek:

Associate
Just received a rma email about my card testing can take 3 to 5 days.:(

I was told that, but got an email the next day confirming testing was complete. I think they're just managing expectations in case they're busy. Given the content of this thread, I think it'll have their attention asap!

Associate
I've now been having my computer turn completely off at random for the past week. I have no other GPU to test whether it's the cause. Not sure if it's the power supply or the PSU either.

God this is frustrating I can't play or do anything.

Associate
I've now been having my computer turn completely off at random for the past week. I have no other GPU to test whether it's the cause. Not sure if it's the power supply or the PSU either.

God this is frustrating I can't play or do anything.

Have you looked in your event viewer for any clues?

Associate
It could possibly be your power supply. What psu do you have? I'm no expert but I'm sure you would have other faults or errors if it's your GPU. I certainty did :(

Associate
It could possibly be your power supply. What psu do you have? I'm no expert but I'm sure you would have other faults or errors if it's your GPU. I certainty did :(

1000W G2

And I was thinking power supply too. Problem with RMAing is I'd have no computer in the mean time so may as well replace outright.

Associate
Well that's a well capable psu. Do you not have a friend with a pc you can test card in? If your computer is just shutting down with no blue screen or errors, i'd be inclined to think it may be the power supply. I had to rma my card. However I had a whole host of issues. I thought it might have been my psu which I replaced even though I thought it was the gpu. I checked my ram which seemed fine. I had lots of errors in event viewer, games would freeze and crash and then finally I got artefacts on screen.

Associate
Well that's a well capable psu. Do you not have a friend with a pc you can test card in? If your computer is just shutting down with no blue screen or errors, i'd be inclined to think it may be the power supply. I had to rma my card. However I had a whole host of issues. I thought it might have been my psu which I replaced even though I thought it was the gpu. I checked my ram which seemed fine. I had lots of errors in event viewer, games would freeze and crash and then finally I got artefacts on screen.

Yeah I think I've peaked at maybe 550-600W total power draw under very heavy load. Called EVGA, they recommended turning off the Asus Anti surge protection (couldn't find it in the bios) and removing my fans as they're molex to sata powered. One of my thermaltake fan controllers isn't detected in the sofrware so potentially a cause for an issue there. Going to detach it tomorrow and test.

I just hope it's not the motherboard or GPU. PSU is fine as I can get an advanced RMA from EVGA. The EVGA rep did seem to think it's PSU related though since I only get error 41 and it happens under load and at idle.

Soldato

God this is frustrating I can't play or do anything.[/QUO

how long you had the psu I replaced mine my card worked for a couple of weeks then the problems all came back..

Soldato
Yeah I think I've peaked at maybe 550-600W total power draw under very heavy load. Called EVGA, they recommended turning off the Asus Anti surge protection (couldn't find it in the bios) and removing my fans as they're molex to sata powered. One of my thermaltake fan controllers isn't detected in the sofrware so potentially a cause for an issue there. Going to detach it tomorrow and test.

I just hope it's not the motherboard or GPU. PSU is fine as I can get an advanced RMA from EVGA. The EVGA rep did seem to think it's PSU related though since I only get error 41 and it happens under load and at idle.

Error 41 can be down to any number of reasons, including hardware or software.

Soldato
Yeah it’s seems to be psu related I think myself mine would black screen.really annoying but OCUK have sent me a replacement card a zotac 2080ti amp these arous cards are not stable I wasn’t the only one with problems.

Back
Top Bottom