Vauxhall's with missing front logo

Man of Honour
It was an auto as you might expect and it kept changing gears, I mean every 3 seconds whrrrr, whrrr, whrrrr, whrrrrr, whrrrr, whrrrrr, whrrrr, whrrrr, whrrrr.

I took it back and got the legendary Geo Prizm....with a massive dent in the door. The things we do when we know no better. Today I would have read them the riot act, me and me mate just said "yea, this'll do".

Associate
its party trick was locking the doors and opening all the windows (and sunroof) when it rained

Pretty common on Vauxhalls, there's a water sensor somewhere that supposed to wind down windows in the event of the car driving in to a lake/river. Of course, they balls it up and the sensor gets wet in normal rain - hence the unlocking/opening nonsense.

Happens to my neighbour's Octavia too - heavy rain it opens its windows, then the alarm goes off.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I had a Belmont company car once and it was one of the worst cars I’ve ever had. I went to the US in 91 and my hire car was a Pontiac Le Mans. I was so excited only to see a white Belmont arrive with Pontiac Le Mans on the boot. Luckily it broke 2 yards from the hire place and they swapped it!

Something similar happened to me in the US with a Chevvy Impala (hired by my company). Got in it on day 3, started it up and seemingly every warning light lit up on the dashboard. Have to say, I was really happy, as it had taken me just 30 minutes to identify that it was one of the most miserably underwhelming cars to drive that I've ever come across. They replaced it with a Camry, which in comparison felt like I'd been given an M3.
Funny have the Impala was also made by GM...

Soldato
OP
So my inner prejudice against Vauxhall's was correct then, Fisher price build quality, though thats being harsh on Fisher Price.

Speaking of emblems, I used to like Volvo's with Lambda Sond on them, didn't know what it was at that the time being a young child, but it sounded pretty fancy, of course it wasn't quite...:(

Back
Top Bottom