Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Soldato
So looks as if the patch has fixed that crashing. Good chat.

Question, is there, or should I be going after the conquest battles? I am playing along quite happily and see these pop up but don't really feel any need to do them - From what I can gather they basically just give you gear?

Soldato
No real need to do more than a couple that are quest-related although they're a pretty good source of XP so I tended to do most of them. Once you're have the power attacks they are very easy, just build up charge on the easier enemies then unleash on the captains 4-5 times.

Caporegime
There are normally quests to complete 2/3 conflict battles per side that give out some really nice XP as well as gear rewards and XP for doing them so they can be worthwhile.

Soldato
Thinking of picking this up, is it similar open world like the witcher 3?

In a way, yes - but the level cap difference is greater (imo) in AC than Witcher. By that I mean, if you see the red skull in Witcher - you know not to mess with that target, in AC, you get the same but also many of the minions are many levels above you too - so exploration is kindof limited by your own level.

Soldato
I have just reached level 19 and can certainly see where the 'grind to progress' aspect comes into the game, It really isn't an issue to me as I am loving the game, exploring, doing the quests and feel a sense of achievement in completing the tasks and the areas - but I can also see why people would use real money to progress. I do wish the pay to progress really wasn't in the game, as for some I am sure the temptation is too great!

Associate
I got this free in November when i purchased my OneX and wasn't too bothered to start it. Was a huge fan of Black Flag and found Origins to be a bit of a bore so didn't bother.

Decided to give it a go this week and can honestly say i haven't put it down all week, there is so much to do. Just hit Level 13 and learned some very interesting plot lines with a cult - i shall say no more other than this is by far the best instalment yet.

Soldato
Up to level 20 now - I play the game on and off, as I don't want to get too put off by the repetition of the game - but so far so good.

Not overly sold on the combat, it feels a lot simpler than previous outings, which I know sounds odd, as the other games were pretty much the same sort of button bashing bonanza. The same goes for the climbing too - your character can climb up pretty much everything, and the climbing down is just a case of holding the button; it takes away a bit of challenge and skill imo - but I appreciate why they have done it, in such an large open world people probably don't want to go seeking specific types of surface to climb up.

Sadly, it'll probably end up on the back burner with many other games, when RE2 comes out!

Associate
Hit a lull with this the other week due to main missions levelled too high and wasn’t really up for doing side stuff to hit the level as I’ve alresdy done loads. That’s my only criticism really.

Sure I’ll go bk to it as I hit a lull with The Witcher 3 where the story bored me a bit and then it took off again and is one of my fav games of all time.

Soldato
Fire damage in this game seems ridiculously overpowered, what is the best way to protect yourself from a barrage of flaming arrows coming at you? I understand you can roll, but is that it? Is there no protection against, armour level seems to make no difference

Caporegime
Fire damage in this game seems ridiculously overpowered, what is the best way to protect yourself from a barrage of flaming arrows coming at you? I understand you can roll, but is that it? Is there no protection against, armour level seems to make no difference

There are skills you can get to heal yourself and douse fire instantly. I never really worried about it. But fire damage as your attack being overpowered is very helpful. :p

Associate
There are skills you can get to heal yourself and douse fire instantly. I never really worried about it. But fire damage as your attack being overpowered is very helpful. :p

Wait until you get the fiery mace later from a merc and the ledgendary armour that boots fire damage and pair that with the critical hit for some clubbing great fun! :D:D

Shawrey

Soldato
120 hours in and level 65,still looking for 3 cultists and a few other missions to do yet,still loving the game and can see 200 hours easy on this game.

Back
Top Bottom