Caffeine Detox Time

Man of Honour
I went cold turkey 6 months ago and it wasn't hard at all. I used to drink 6 cups a day fairly strong. I have decaf from ALDI haha, it's alright stuff not great, im not fussy i suppose. I have not noticed any benefits though! not one!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
This morning the struggle is real. I’m very tired again even after sleeping 11-8.30. I suspect my body isn’t used to pumping cortisol naturally first thing without caffiene. Off to London today so the coffee temptation will be strong.

I’ve been reading this morning that the optimal time for caffiene is after 10am. That way it doesn’t interfere with your body’s natural ability to wake up with cortisol.

Managed to fight the temptation for a cup of coffee, even while going into a coffee shop with my brother while he gets his fix.

Energy levels were really good in the afternoon. When I go into bed at 11.30PM I didn't feel sleepy at all, it's as though my body has things back to front right now.

This morning however I do feel pretty rested and no groggy feelings. Trying to wake up now when my body wakes me up rather than set a specific alarm. Usually means I'm awake just before 8am.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
There is hope, this morning I've felt what I guess is how normal non-caffeine drinkers feel. Rested, alert, no tiredness at all. Woke up again before my alarm at 7.30AM. Mood is good and I'm about to leave for the gym so things should only get better.

Man of Honour
There is hope, this morning I've felt what I guess is how normal non-caffeine drinkers feel. Rested, alert, no tiredness at all. Woke up again before my alarm at 7.30AM. Mood is good and I'm about to leave for the gym so things should only get better.

Mods, can we change the thread title to “Dear diary...” :p

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Where's my update?

Tough crowd.

Still caffeine free. Yesterday I didn't train which meant I didn't get that late morning boost from exercise. Still energy levels were pretty consistent. I think that's the best way to describe the non-caffeine life - your energy is consistent and there are less peaks and lows.

If you haven't watched Matt D'Avella's lastest video, looks like he is going to do a 30 days caffeine detox this year as well (he must have seen this thread and been inspired).

He's currently balls deep in a pile of caffeine after a rather extreme relapse. RIP LiE.

RIP. If I do start "using" again, it will be purely for gym gains.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you haven't watched Matt D'Avella's lastest video, looks like he is going to do a 30 days caffeine detox this year as well (he must have seen this thread and been inspired).
Watched it last night. I am actually tempted to give it a go, not because I feel I need the "consistent" energy, I actually don't seem to have any problem with that. It's more that I want to be able to feel the effects of caffeine again when I do drink it.

I drink a lot of tea at work so could easily switch to decaf there which could be a first step.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Watched it last night. I am actually tempted to give it a go, not because I feel I need the "consistent" energy, I actually don't seem to have any problem with that. It's more that I want to be able to feel the effects of caffeine again when I do drink it.

I drink a lot of tea at work so could easily switch to decaf there which could be a first step.

I enjoy doing experiments and trying things, maybe give it ago?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Maybe next month. Getting back into the gym is enough of an experiment this month :p

Yea it's best to do 1 thing at a time.

What's hard when you take caffeine out of the equation is what do have as a pick me up. I'm coming down with a cold and would usually have coffee to help me feel less ****.

Associate
I quit caffeine for a couple of months last year and felt better for it, I remember getting headaches and lower back pain for a week or two while I was going through withdrawals which was odd. I don't even drink particularly much either, 1-2 coffees a day and sometimes none on weekends.

Back
Top Bottom