*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
I'm going to buy a switch has anyone any tips? Any good deals out there? It's cheaper on rainforest but I might just go into town and pick one up. Fancy Zelda and Mario brothers too.

Zelda is a master piece, Mario Kart 8 is fun, though nothing really new here, so if you've played it before on Wii U etc, don't prioritise it unless you like playing online (which is fun).

Get a screen protector, it scratches really easily placing/pulling it out from the dock. Also get a micro SD card, the storage is pathetically small.

Read lots and prioritise what games you like, they're all typical Nintendo, extortionate!

Soldato
Think about how much single player you will play against how much multiplayer.
Of course the pro-controller is going to be nicer to hold than the joycons in the grip, but I have been using that just fine for Zelda and I do not find it uncomfortable. But I know that when I get some spare cash, instead of buying a pro-controller I will got for another pair of joycons with a grips, as I'll then technically have 4 controllers which is enough for everyone in my family

Soldato
I don't think I'll be playing online im not really into that. I may have a game with my other half though. I could pick up a pro controller later on but I think the joy cons look fine for now.

Man of Honour
I'm going to buy a switch has anyone any tips? Any good deals out there? It's cheaper on rainforest but I might just go into town and pick one up. Fancy Zelda and Mario brothers too.

Zelda, Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros, Toads Treasure Tracker and Donkey Kong are all available for about 30% of the price on the WiiU so if it's only for those games then get a cheap WiiU and sell it on afterwards for the total cost of postage.

Man of Honour
Have my heart set on the switch tbh. What's the best Mario game on it?

The best 3D Mario is Odyssey
The best 2D Mario is between Mario Bros 3, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (it counts!) and Rayman Legends (OK, this might not count but it is a brilliant AAA 2D platformer), with New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe a distant fourth.

Soldato
Donkey Kong is amazing. As above so is Rayman Legends (great co-op game too). NSMBU is great but it isn't as good as the other two.

If I were buying a Switch today I'd have to have these Nintendo games:

Zelda
Mario Kart
Splatoon 2
Donkey Kong
Smash
Mario Odyssey

Associate
I've just booked it up to my Samsung ks7000 tv and it looks great. How does everyone else play on the device itself or tv?

My Switch spends it's life docked 95% of the time.

You have some great games to get through, I'd recommend Mario + Rabbids, Mario Kart and Xenoblade 2 if you're into RPG's when you're looking to pickup another game, also don't discount some of the indie titles on the system, there are some really good ones.

Oh and if you end up mainly playing docked a Pro controller is a game changer.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Been playing a lot of Nidhogg 2 recently with the flatmate (super fun) anything similar about?

Tried smash, too complicated for the flatmate :D

Associate
I've just booked it up to my Samsung ks7000 tv and it looks great. How does everyone else play on the device itself or tv?

I play it portable 99.99999999999999% of the time, but that's only because my monitor is 1200p, I tried playing it docked once but everything's stretched because it's outputting 16:9 on a 16:10 monitor and there's no option to add black bars, either on Switch or monitor's settings :(

I'm looking at getting 4K monitor, would be great if I could use Switch with it without making everything look blurry or whatever, any recommendations?

Also I just beat Bowser in New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, now I gotta grab 3 coins in each level to unlock new levels in Superstar Road.

Back
Top Bottom