GT86/GR86/BRZ

Associate
A year old one with low miles probably isn't going to be much cheaper than a new one tbh.

Used demand is much higher than new demand. My local dealer has twice tried to buy mine off me :p

Picked up my 2017 Orange Edition for under £21k which was a nice little saving 7k on the clock. Still in love with it.

Associate
I've had two offered to me so far :

GV18BWZ Blue Edition 2.0 Manual + Performance Pack 5669 miles GT Blue £24750
GX66NCN GT86 Pro Manual Lhr Spoiler TG 2371 miles White Pear £21850

Really want a red one

Soldato
I've had two offered to me so far :

GV18BWZ Blue Edition 2.0 Manual + Performance Pack 5669 miles GT Blue £24750
GX66NCN GT86 Pro Manual Lhr Spoiler TG 2371 miles White Pear £21850

Really want a red one

IS the performance pack the Clubsport?

If so, worth going for as you get the sachs dampers & brembo brakes.

Soldato
Blue Ed with Performance Pack all day long. You can't buy a full front and rear Brembo BBK kit for the price difference alone. That's not to take into consideration the better dampers and wheels too. The Blue is a no brainer, it's the best 86 you can buy.

Soldato
I don't really like the shade of blue but the kit is nice. If you fit Sachs suspension (some of the best stuff you can buy on any car) and big brakes to the standard car it would probably cost around the same.

Last edited:
Soldato
The dealer called today, to tell me they will only be doing the light tomorrow. They said that they won't be doing the recall until Toyota have sent someone down to do "a show and tell" on taking the engine apart.

Soldato
Yup, the ~150 page picture book instruction manual is too complicated for most techs to understand. Not expecting any dealer to have the training and parts in place until easter, I'm aiming to have mine done with the 6yr service in August. I was aiming to go FI on that service but now I'll have to wait another 6 months to make sure the engine is put back together properly.

Associate
OP
Spoke to my local dealer today (Although I'm not going through them for the recall) and they said they've received some documents about it but still waiting for a training course date for 2 of their mechanics to go on before they can start to proceed.

Soldato
I wanted to keep the outside as standard.

I have told them it's either been damaged when they took the wrap off, or it should be fixed under manufacture warranty as a known fault. Or it should be covered by the 1 year warranty it had when I bought it. Or else what's the point of a warranty?!

Soldato
A guy from the main office gave me a call to say the car will be ready tomorrow, and to ask what I thought of the Aygo. He wasn't aware that the garage had mentioned charging me for the work, and is now looking into it.

Is this a case of the garage manager being on commission, so has tried to charge me?

Back
Top Bottom