Warning for all motherboard owners

Soldato
Overclockers have offered to let me return it and then they will send it to asus but are pretty sure it will be returned and posting these things isn't cheap. Unfortunately wasn't bought on a credit card , but yes im rather appalled with asus warranty and lack of warning as well :(

This is nothing to do with ASUS and everything to do with OCUK. The question is, will they do the right thing, because, I can tell you it'll hurt them if they don't!

Associate
Sorry to read all this OP, it confirms my lack of faith in Asus for warranty support - and to be honest it doesn't fill me full of hope next time I need help from OCUK, stuff like this is why people use the big rainforest.

Soldato
Unfortunately it was ocuk on behalf of asus who sent it back to me as they dont believe asus will take it , shows how bad asus rma process is :/. Board doesnt post , rgb and mobo power light turn on but nothing else tested different switches / ram / psu . Bought a new mobo and working fine so i know its not the cpu either only benefit is at least i got Haribo for it XD though £8 for haribo is expensive.

Well my z370-i is also dead and if this crap gets pulled with me too I will absolutely throw chairs.

I did get told that after 30 days it gets sent in for warranty repair, so...

Soldato
Currently in talks with overclockers, basically Asus will refuse it and seem to be refusing a lot at the moment putting overclockers at a loss. I cant just accept my £180~ motherboard is a paperweight due to dodgy warranty from asus caused by them cheaping out on solder :/ Will keep trying though

Seems OCUK have forgotten about the retailer warranty?

If you within the statutory warranty period, then what asus do is irrelevant. Thats OCUK's problem not yours.

Associate
I am surprised a OCUK boss hasn't posted in here to clear thing up. Letting this thread go on and on is just bad publicity for both Asus and OC. Way more bad publicity than the cost of the board.

Associate
I'm in the pre buying stage of a ryzen x2700 upgrade and this is putting me off both Asus and OcUK whom I've always been happy with. Looking at the x470 boards its a complete mess gigabyte aorus are having issues on a few levels, msi seems like a quality lottery, asrock seem to be using old vrm's and now Asus is being a pain with warranty. Seems like your taking a chance whatever option you take and that's pathetic in this day and age.

Soldato
I agree also, had some planned spend on ocuk and have been awaiting a positive response which hasnt happened, for the sake of saving £100 or so OCUK have acted nonsensical.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I am surprised a OCUK boss hasn't posted in here to clear thing up. Letting this thread go on and on is just bad publicity for both Asus and OC. Way more bad publicity than the cost of the board.

I agree. Why has Gibbo not posted anything? Pretty sure we have an Asus rep on here as well.

Caporegime
Looked at the pictures, the screws haven't done any damage imo, the grounding points are missing from half the hole, if they were there in the first place and you'd damaged them, the top layer of the board around the screw hole would be damaged.

Soldato
This is outragous. Back in the 90s, cases came with nylon washers for the motherboard screws which would have protected it. I've never bothered using them but after reading this, I may use them on my next build.

Soldato
Asus £180~ motherboard.
You purchased this board, screwed it down to your case and it was working fine for 8 months and then one day it would not work, you then tested all the components to make sure the fault was not elsewhere. So what you're saying is that asus won't test the board because of the user damage around the screw holes?

Associate
OP
You purchased this board, screwed it down to your case and it was working fine for 8 months and then one day it would not work, you then tested all the components to make sure the fault was not elsewhere. So what you're saying is that asus won't test the board because of the user damage around the screw holes?

Yeah out of the blue the board would no longer post, unscrewed it from the case ran multiple tests to confirm it was motherboard as it still wouldn't post outside case etc with 1 stick of ram etc. So contacted overclockers paid the £8 for postage expecting a replacement, got an email saying asus would reject this due to user damage along with some pictures and that they had sent it back to me. Have had to buy a new motherboard since and everything's working perfectly but now im stuck in the situation of trying to get asus to honor the warranty or prove that the wearing of the paint was what caused the board to fail and that it wasn't shoddy design :/ End of the day even if i get the motherboard back fixed Ive already been forced to buy a new one.

Back
Top Bottom