Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Nothing too exciting. Fan keeps me cool on my gigs, it's replacing a broken one. And really good scales as I've recently gotten into baking.

20190117-171659.jpg

My homemade lemon cupcakes. :)

20190117-174139.jpg

Last edited:
Don
@crinkleshoes was this a pretty easy upgrade?

Processors > Sort by price: High to Low > Add first entry to basket
Memory > Sort by price....etc etc

:D

Seems a bit poor in the scheme of things... with that amount of money, I'd just ring Overclockers and ask for a unique custom build to be done exactly how I wanted, with one-off cooling, colour scheme, mods etc.

Starting point would be something from the 8 Pack range for example:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £37,999.98 (includes shipping: £0.00)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-systems/prestige-pc/8pack

Associate
Seems a bit poor in the scheme of things... with that amount of money, I'd just ring Overclockers and ask for a unique custom build to be done exactly how I wanted, with one-off cooling, colour scheme, mods etc.

Starting point would be something from the 8 Pack range for example:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £37,999.98 (includes shipping: £0.00)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-systems/prestige-pc/8pack

Half the fun for most on here though is building it yourself.

Don
Half the fun for most on here though is building it yourself.

But equally half the point of doing an "e-peen" build is to have something else that's unachievable for 99% of others - if money's no object, you can do something far more inspired than just buying a few top end components and bolting them together.

I'd be looking at bespoke cooling solutions (e.g. is phase change still viable?), custom fabricated case, one-off airbrushing maybe? Stuff that actually blurs the line between "is that actually a PC, or is it a masterpiece?"

Permabanned
But equally half the point of doing an "e-peen" build is to have something else that's unachievable for 99% of others - if money's no object, you can do something far more inspired than just buying a few top end components and bolting them together.

I'd be looking at bespoke cooling solutions (e.g. is phase change still viable?), custom fabricated case, one-off airbrushing maybe? Stuff that actually blurs the line between "is that actually a PC, or is it a masterpiece?"

Phase change I couldn't do - far too noisy. I like my PCs as silent as possible. Plus phase change still has risk of condensation.

I'm going to look at the process of de-lidding the CPU, as I know how much that helps.

I wanted to change the case... but there's nothing around I know of that can hold as many fat radiators as the Caselabs.

I did think about an 8pack build, custom though as all of the 8pack logos everywhere are not for me.

I'm not even going hard tubing this time.

Soldato
why is there such a problem with people spending their money how they want?

It's their choice but you have to draw the line somewhere? You are entitled to comment if you think someone is being stupid, scammed or otherwise.

But you know all this, you are just being finicky.

Back
Top Bottom