*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
I play it portable 99.99999999999999% of the time, but that's only because my monitor is 1200p, I tried playing it docked once but everything's stretched because it's outputting 16:9 on a 16:10 monitor and there's no option to add black bars, either on Switch or monitor's settings :(

I'm looking at getting 4K monitor, would be great if I could use Switch with it without making everything look blurry or whatever, any recommendations?

Also I just beat Bowser in New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, now I gotta grab 3 coins in each level to unlock new levels in Superstar Road.

I have a LG UK650 4K IPS monitor and the Switch looks great on it.

Associate
probably 30% docked and 70% portable, mostly portable at the moment because ive started pokemon lets go and hate the motion control's, can you switch it to catch with a button press in docked mode does anyone know?

Man of Honour
probably 30% docked and 70% portable, mostly portable at the moment because ive started pokemon lets go and hate the motion control's, can you switch it to catch with a button press in docked mode does anyone know?

No. Nintendo did the same thing shoehorning unnecessary motion controls into Mario Odyssey. It's frustrating.

Associate

Yes, in handheld mode the catch mechanic changes. Instead of the throw action, you use the switch as a viewfinder to aim at the Mon and then simply press the A button to throw - similar to bow aiming in Zelda. It's aa much more consistent and reliable way to catch compared to using the controllere.

Associate
Yes, in handheld mode the catch mechanic changes. Instead of the throw action, you use the switch as a viewfinder to aim at the Mon and then simply press the A button to throw - similar to bow aiming in Zelda. It's aa much more consistent and reliable way to catch compared to using the controllere.

yeah totally agree, its far more consistent and easier in handheld mode

Soldato
I play it portable 99.99999999999999% of the time, but that's only because my monitor is 1200p, I tried playing it docked once but everything's stretched because it's outputting 16:9 on a 16:10 monitor and there's no option to add black bars, either on Switch or monitor's settings :(

Can you not disable scaling on the monitor? I thought that was a pretty standard thing

Man of Honour
Still worth investing in switch? I'm getting a Nintendo itch after watching odyssey at AGDQ

It's not going anywhere and it is a runaway success so there's no reason to hold off getting one if you like the concept and the games. A new version is likely to come out late 2019 but no one knows if it's a Lite version, portable only, or one with a bigger screen.

Soldato
Folks. The Ninty Gold/Plantium coins, is there really anything worthwhile to purchase out there?

Am I getting this right? the gold coins are used to get discounts on future switch purchases?

Soldato
Everything you buy on the eshop gains you gold points. Every game cartridge that you insert gains you gold points if you redeem them. Gold points can then be used to discount purchases on the eshop. They do expire so it's worth keeping an eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom