• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6850K safe to run fixed voltage?

Permabanned
i am thinking of trying to push my OC, i want to know the max safe voltage for this CPU when cooled by custom water

Edit:
My CPU is stable at 4.5Ghz @ 1.275v. however..

if i set voltage to offset i need to run +.220 giving me 1.320v for it to be stable.
if i set voltage to adaptive i need to Vcore to 1.315v for it to be stable

my question is am i ok to run voltage fixed at 1.275v for ever or will i have problems.
idle temps go up 4c but still only about 32c, gaming load is 45/50c

Last edited:
Associate
4.5Ghz @ 1.275v seems really good. I had to RMA my 6900K after it died at the end of last year and the new one they sent me is crap for temps. I need 1.3v to get 4.25Ghz stable and it runs hotter than the sun with a decent 280mm AIO.

Permabanned
OP
4.5Ghz @ 1.275v seems really good. I had to RMA my 6900K after it died at the end of last year and the new one they sent me is crap for temps. I need 1.3v to get 4.25Ghz stable and it runs hotter than the sun with a decent 280mm AIO.

in that case i will stop pushing for more and be happy.

Permabanned
OP
My CPU is stable at 4.5Ghz @ 1.275v. however..

if i set voltage to offset i need to run +.220 giving me 1.320v for it to be stable.
if i set voltage to adaptive i need to Vcore to 1.315v for it to be stable

my question is am i ok to run voltage fixed at 1.275v for ever or will i have problems.
idle temps go up 4c but still only about 32c, gaming load is 45/50c

Soldato
i have only changed Vcore and Ring, not touched wattage/ampage input's.

You misunderstood, and you shouldn't have to really change any other values. My comment alludes to running workloads that pull a large amount of current, which you won't be doing at idle. Makes very little odds whether using a fixed voltage or adaptive/offset.

Permabanned
OP
You misunderstood, and you shouldn't have to really change any other values. My comment alludes to running workloads that pull a large amount of current, which you won't be doing at idle. Makes very little odds whether using a fixed voltage or adaptive/offset.

ok i understand now, you mean like running prime95 for 24 hours like some people do.
The system is just gaming loads, and watching film's.

Permabanned
OP
fixed voltage is fine, i run a 4.5ghz 3570K for about 4 years on fixed voltage

yer, its been fixed for a few days now and all looks to be good. my main concern was if there was some sort of brake down over time due to the constant voltage.
i changed my fan profile and the extra few degrees at idle and load and been dealt with

Back
Top Bottom