• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7700K RMA replacement

Associate
OP
Glad you got a refund. What was wrong with the 7700K?
So I basically was getting random Blue Screens with an error code that said PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Normally this would point to a RAM issue but I went through 3 sets of RAM, and two motherboards without any change. Eventually I wouldn't even be able to POST, so I got a 6600k to see if the CPU was the problem, and lo and behold, it was able to POST just fine, and no blue screens to date! So I RMAd it, and the rest of what happened is in the thread haha

Associate
OP
Have you sorted out your replacement board and cpu yet? If so how does ryzen compare to the 7700k (when it was working)?
Yes I just purchased a Ryzen 5 2600 and an X470 board as a replacement! I got both for the same price I paid for the 7700k initially haha. I just ordered it yesterday and it's getting delivered today so I won't know just yet, but the 2600 is only a stopgap as I'm waiting for the Zen 2 to come out and then buy that. I'll set everything up this weekend and keep you updated :)

Associate
Yes I just purchased a Ryzen 5 2600 and an X470 board as a replacement! I got both for the same price I paid for the 7700k initially haha. I just ordered it yesterday and it's getting delivered today so I won't know just yet, but the 2600 is only a stopgap as I'm waiting for the Zen 2 to come out and then buy that. I'll set everything up this weekend and keep you updated :)
I bet that felt good :D

Back
Top Bottom