Borderlands 3 - the new Duke Nukem Forever?

Soldato
Loved BL1, BL2 less so for the loot crates and shift codes.

Didn't like them one little bit.

But the codes were free. There was no way to buy them with real money even if you wanted to. They gave them out like candy as part of the social media/player interaction campaign to advertise the game. If you didn't use them, you still got plenty of good stuff in game, and half the time you could find better things in the game than you got in a loot crate with a shift code.

They were a fun little thing that was like getting a key to a treasure chest, they were not micro-transactions or gambling.

Soldato
Thanks for the thread, I've been looking for a game to play, was looking at diablo clones, couldn't find anything that interested me. Then off this thread I remembered I bought borderlands 1 + 2 a while ago but only played a bit of 1 which I enjoyed but didn't play all that much.

Having a blast! I could see myself putting in 100s of hours in as I love a good loot based game, don't think I will though as its so old now and with a squeal coming maybe this year it doesn't feel worth it.

Feeling hyped for when borderlands 3 comes out! Instant pre-order, might even book a week of work lol.

Soldato
Thanks for the thread, I've been looking for a game to play, was looking at diablo clones, couldn't find anything that interested me. Then off this thread I remembered I bought borderlands 1 + 2 a while ago but only played a bit of 1 which I enjoyed but didn't play all that much.

Having a blast! I could see myself putting in 100s of hours in as I love a good loot based game, don't think I will though as its so old now and with a squeal coming maybe this year it doesn't feel worth it.

Feeling hyped for when borderlands 3 comes out! Instant pre-order, might even book a week of work lol.

They are still great games. Even if you don't do all the side quests and go for full completion, it's worth playing through the main story as both games are just so good. They are a lot of fun if you like the whole "loot & level" mechanic, there are lots of different main characters to play, and the DLCs are mostly terrific.

I envy you being able to play through it and see it all for the first time, that's how good they are.

Back
Top Bottom