This Business and Moment...

Soldato
Good Evening Everyone,
Its been a few years since a lovely forumite assisted me with my CV. I just wondered with it being 4 years later and employer tastes and styles may have changed. Would anyone be kind enough to look over my cv again?
I will of course be removing any identifiable information hehe :D :D

Ideally I think I would like someone to look at it who has experience in the recruitment/administration field.
Thank you very kindly.
Hayley :)

Soldato
I've now got a job offer :eek: less than 3 hours after interview

Congrats!

Gosh, wish that was me. Over 6 weeks since my physical interview in Sweden and I am still waiting for them to get back to me :( I already chased them just before Christmas so I am not going to again. If I don't hear anything by the end of this month then I will assume some else got the job.

On another note, had a Skype interview on Monday for a different role in Sweden but not in Stockholm unlike the other one. Lets see if I get anything out of this one.

Caporegime
@malachi

Tell them you've got another offer but you'd really like to work for them so could they let you know soon please (if they like you, want to hire you but there is some internal reason for the delay then the hiring manager might well escalate otherwise nothing lost anyway).... could also use that same reason to ask for more money!

Soldato
@malachi

Tell them you've got another offer but you'd really like to work for them so could they let you know soon please (if they like you, want to hire you but there is some internal reason for the delay then the hiring manager might well escalate otherwise nothing lost anyway).... could also use that same reason to ask for more money!

Good idea, thanks :)

Might drop them an email next week

Soldato
Congrats!

Gosh, wish that was me. Over 6 weeks since my physical interview in Sweden and I am still waiting for them to get back to me :( I already chased them just before Christmas so I am not going to again. If I don't hear anything by the end of this month then I will assume some else got the job.

On another note, had a Skype interview on Monday for a different role in Sweden but not in Stockholm unlike the other one. Lets see if I get anything out of this one.
Cool, what role? I have some relatives in Sweden who are running their own tech firm. Seems to be booming out there!

Soldato
Cool, what role? I have some relatives in Sweden who are running their own tech firm. Seems to be booming out there!

Yeah it is, plenty of starts up over there. The interview I had last month, the company HQ is in the same building as Spotify's HQ but they all be moving to a bigger location in Stockholm soon.

Both of these roles were for Senior Windows Engineers.

Soldato
@malachi

On that note, Just had a call, didn't get the job in Sweden (Stockholm) . I was second in line, beaten by someone else with slightly better technical skills (it wasn't scripting lol)

Oh well, see what comes of the other Sweden interview from last week and I have a phone interview for a job in Germany this week.

Last edited:
Soldato
Offer came through in writing this morning.. Spoke to the boss about it first thing, totally unexpected I think. He spoke to his boss. Decision is that they won't be making a counter offer! Whether that's because they know they can't match it or if I'm just not as important as I thought I was ( :p ) I don't know but certainly makes my decision easier.

Soldato
OP
Offer came through in writing this morning.. Spoke to the boss about it first thing, totally unexpected I think. He spoke to his boss. Decision is that they won't be making a counter offer! Whether that's because they know they can't match it or if I'm just not as important as I thought I was ( :p ) I don't know but certainly makes my decision easier.
Nice one, all done and dusted then!

Soldato
OP
Was chatting to my wife on the way back from the mountains at the weekend, she kinda lost her cake mojo at the end of last year having had a reallllly busy summer. Probably a bit of burn out tbh. (background: she makes cakes, really good ones! Bday/Wedding etc. big, expensive cakes lol)
She wanted to do more with her Harper Mae's business, but it's really hard work busting out cakes every night after work when you work 100% too and the money can be pretty good (her cakes start about 120CHF-1k+) but it's long old hours for that.
We discussed options and one thing she's going to trial is a bit of a rebrand, and refocus. She's going to try offering 2 courses in Basel (maybe Zurich after) for 16 people (she's found a venue for 16) to learn how to decorate one of her new cakes she's been working on. She's going to do another prototype this weekend and we'll get some nice shots etc. and then put the word out there locally. This is a 3 tier cake, one that will take all day for people to make at least. The bonus of this is she can try and fill as many spaces as possible and the money is actually way better than making cakes. If she fills each place, she'd be easily making more in a day than she would over a couple of really good months making cakes. She's even got someone lined up as an assistant, found a space, just needs to get the word out once she's done some promo stuff for it.

Obviously I've been roped into help a bit, but I'll keep away from the actual cake side :p it's nice though, she's got her creative passion back and is planning how to build it further.

Soldato
Was chatting to my wife on the way back from the mountains at the weekend, she kinda lost her cake mojo at the end of last year having had a reallllly busy summer. Probably a bit of burn out tbh. (background: she makes cakes, really good ones! Bday/Wedding etc. big, expensive cakes lol)
She wanted to do more with her Harper Mae's business, but it's really hard work busting out cakes every night after work when you work 100% too and the money can be pretty good (her cakes start about 120CHF-1k+) but it's long old hours for that.
We discussed options and one thing she's going to trial is a bit of a rebrand, and refocus. She's going to try offering 2 courses in Basel (maybe Zurich after) for 16 people (she's found a venue for 16) to learn how to decorate one of her new cakes she's been working on. She's going to do another prototype this weekend and we'll get some nice shots etc. and then put the word out there locally. This is a 3 tier cake, one that will take all day for people to make at least. The bonus of this is she can try and fill as many spaces as possible and the money is actually way better than making cakes. If she fills each place, she'd be easily making more in a day than she would over a couple of really good months making cakes. She's even got someone lined up as an assistant, found a space, just needs to get the word out once she's done some promo stuff for it.

Obviously I've been roped into help a bit, but I'll keep away from the actual cake side :p it's nice though, she's got her creative passion back and is planning how to build it further.

She could be looking at youtube videos or even ebooks on it as well, free to make and all bring in revenue ;)

Everyone's looking at doing it themselves nowadays so a good quality video series could do very well for her.

Soldato
OP
She could be looking at youtube videos or even ebooks on it as well, free to make and all bring in revenue ;)
She has a channel, about 1220 subs and only 7 vids. A great number of views and still gets about 900 views a month across that 7, but it always falls on me to spend time to edit etc and I'm no expert and it's looooong. So while the $8 she's made from YouTube is nice, it's way less bang for the buck compared to day courses. She could charge 350CHF a day for a course!

Back
Top Bottom