LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
Yes... I was really questioning why Daniel linked this review in response to a question from @ChrisPyzut about testing GSYNC compatibility on the 950F.

I think he misunderstood the question as a query for a review.

But:

Good news indeed:

https://www.io.mt/nvidia-gsync-on-lg-34gk950f-b-confirmed-working/

For those of you who were eager to see if the LG 34GK950F-B works with GSync, then good news folks! We can confirm that the LG 34GK950F-B does indeed work with GSync when enabled from the NVidia control panel.

No flickering or artifacts were noticed when running Pendulum Test, Doom 3, Fortnite, PUBG and CS:GO using a GTX2080Ti and an Intel Core i7 9900-K.

Associate
edit - Also if you can test if LFC is working or go really low frames (30/40)? Thank you.

I set the Pendulum demo to 20 FPS minimum and it visually "stuttered" as anything would at such a low rate but it didn't flicker or tear if that's what you're after?

Enabled HDR in Destiny 2 and while I don't like it visually it works (no flicker, tearing, etc.). Monitor switches to the "Vivid" profile then back to normal when I Alt-Tab out.

Last edited:
Associate
not 100% sure to be honest, HQ delayed out Jan & Feb shipments till march

from what I can see we are getting 60 of each coming in the UK - I am trying to pull this forward

So Finland is SUPER screwed and I shouldn't expect my monitor before late Summer, gotcha...

How this monitor is this rare? There really is some issue with panel yields?

Associate
I bought one few days ago and its here already. No dead pixels, quite a lot of bleeding in corners but less than on my previous qnix 2710. I am quite happy with it.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
Anyone that bought the 950G now have buyer's remorse with news that the 950F appears to be GSYNC compatible? Generally speaking I think GSYNC monitors will still perform better than Freesync models, which typically lower lag and better response times, however, I don't know if all users can identify these differences that are still at the millisecond scale, and in the case of this LG model, the Freesync model does bring more features to the table with (limited) HDR, wider colour gamut and higher refresh rate... if I was chosing, the GSYNC model is difficult to justify, especially at a higher price.

Associate
Anyone that bought the 950G now have buyer's remorse with news that the 950F appears to be GSYNC compatible? Generally speaking I think GSYNC monitors will still perform better than Freesync models, which typically lower lag and better response times, however, I don't know if all users can identify these differences that are still at the millisecond scale, and in the case of this LG model, the Freesync model does bring more features to the table with (limited) HDR, wider colour gamut and higher refresh rate... if I was chosing, the GSYNC model is difficult to justify, especially at a higher price.

Yeah you got illuminated circle for 200 more euro pretty much:)

Soldato
So there are 2 B grade model F's in stock - but they are the same price and only come with 90 days warranty. I'm guessing they would be returns from people unhappy with bleed etc?

Back
Top Bottom