Mattresses - I need knowledge

Don
Ordered an Emma mattress on 4th Jan, Should have been delivered following week.
We also had the delay in production email, new dispatch date scheduled for tomorrow so hopefully delivery sometime next week.
Looking forward to it as the old mattress is so uncomfortable.

My second dispatch date came and went without any word from Emma or the couriers :(

Associate
Ordered an Emma mattress on 4th Jan, Should have been delivered following week.
We also had the delay in production email, new dispatch date scheduled for tomorrow so hopefully delivery sometime next week.
Looking forward to it as the old mattress is so uncomfortable.
so - was expecting a despatch date email today - but no sign of it, they really must be struggling to meet demand at the minute , or they have serious production issues/delays

Associate
Moving to a new house soon so a mattress is needed. I’ve seen the Simba mattress at JL. Did some research and I keep reading conflicting reviews. Many complain that the mattress has sunk in areas after a year or so.

Has anyone had one of these for longer than a year? Can you please share your experience?

Had mine since September 2017 and it still looks the same as it always has.

I'm 6ft and 12 stone and the wife is 5'6 and 10 stone so not exactly heavy though.

Associate
Just got an Otty. First impressions is its pretty firm, but also soft at the same time! Still got the chemical smell, hopefully it fades pretty quickly. Ordered Wednesday night, arrived today, so no complaints there. Will see how it fares tonight, especially as me and the Mrs struggle with bad backs.

Soldato
Just got an Otty. First impressions is its pretty firm, but also soft at the same time! Still got the chemical smell, hopefully it fades pretty quickly. Ordered Wednesday night, arrived today, so no complaints there. Will see how it fares tonight, especially as me and the Mrs struggle with bad backs.

Took about a week for smell to go on ours tho only noticed when 1st walking in the room (I'm very sensitive to smells), I just left it bare in the day to let it breath .

Man of Honour
Took about a week for smell to go on ours tho only noticed when 1st walking in the room (I'm very sensitive to smells), I just left it bare in the day to let it breath .
You'd only know if its gone if you got someone else in to find out, there is a good chance you're just used to it now so don't notice it.

Soldato
You'd only know if its gone if you got someone else in to find out, there is a good chance you're just used to it now so don't notice it.

I asked my mother wanted to see the mattress as after 1 herself she noticed smell 1st day but 2 weeks on she said the smell had gone

Associate
Keep us updated on what its like and how long it takes for the smell to go please

3rd Jan. I called them earlier and they saidit should be shipped Mon or Tues next week. We'll see...
Ok - mined was ordered 4th Jan so hopefully shouldn't be far behind yours - hopefully by end of next week.

Soldato
I am looking for a new mattress. I've been reading reviews and the Leesa seems to stand out
Currently £710 for the super king.
Im looking form something with medium softness, slightly more on the side of firm. My current mattress is way too soft, very comfy but when i wake up my back also feels soft :D

Soldato
well after getting a new foam mattress from Dreams in September 18, the foam in the middle is no longer returning back to normal. In a king size, I have about 1m suppressed hollow in the middle that I fall into. Back ache every day for the past week since it started. They are sending someone round on Friday morning to inspect. If anyone has had something similar, can someone let me know? Id like to know what they inspect for and what to say/what not to say.

Soldato
well after getting a new foam mattress from Dreams in September 18, the foam in the middle is no longer returning back to normal. In a king size, I have about 1m suppressed hollow in the middle that I fall into. Back ache every day for the past week since it started. They are sending someone round on Friday morning to inspect. If anyone has had something similar, can someone let me know? Id like to know what they inspect for and what to say/what not to say.

This is pretty much why we decided against an all-foam mattress, was worried this could happen. Fingers crossed it's an isolated defect and you can get it sorted

Soldato
I've just read that to qualify as a failure, tests want between 25mm and 40mm permanent dip.

For anyone that is curious, my Hyde and Sleep foam mattress had a dip of 3.5mm after 4 months use.

The tests are defined by the National Bed Federation (lol, what?!) and all shop's uses those defined tests as standard for situations like this.
For any kind of foam mattress, they wanted at least 2.5mm of permanent compression before they would call it a fault/warranty issue, so I was well over tolerance.

He put a string over the worst part and measured the depth, took lots of photos (any middle-width vertical bed support, slat width and the impacted area on the mattress) and did a 'lie down' test to get his own judgement. Wrote a report on a phone app and submitted there and then, start to finish was about 15mins.

dude said that the hybrid ones (1/2 spring and 1/2 foam) are the worst/hardest. His test wanted something like 3.5/4.5mm to qualify which are also apparently harder to test; and advised against them for that reason.

So next, Dreams should contact me within 5 days and book a replacement. I dont mind trying a foam again but it wont be from the same manufacture. I did think id have a fight on my hands but so far, so good. Pro-tip. If you have a foam mattress, take off the cotton cover so you see the actual foam; it's better for the photos.

Associate
Well I finally got my Emma mattress , set it up today and have let it air since this morning. only a very faint smell left now which should hopefully go over the next few days
Beds all made up and finally get to try it out this evening.
One small issue is that the cover is not stitched properly along the zip seam and its already come away, so have informed them about it - hopefully they send out a replacement cover.

Back
Top Bottom