Windsor Davies dies

Associate
One of the great comedy series.

Shame the BBC won't show it again because a 'white actor' played the part of Ranji.

In fact Michael Bates was Anglo Indian and spoke fluent Urdu.

Soldato
Sorry to hear the news. I haven't got around to buying the It Ain't Half Hot Mum series yet. I remembered him when I used to watch Never The Twain along side Donald Sinden, who died a few years ago.

Great actor. RIP

Permabanned
Haven't heard a voice like his, shame we can't get ain't half hot mum reruns cause of all the pc stuff.

Well his character in IAHHM was a tad homophobic, a situation the BBC didn't have a problem with in the 1970s, also at the same time the BBC didn't have a problem employing
a rampant paedophile and pederast, namely a certain James Savile , Golden Days of the BBC eh ?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Well his character in IAHHM was a tad homophobic, a situation the BBC didn't have a problem with in the 1970s, also at the same time the BBC didn't have a problem employing
a rampant paedophile and pederast, namely a certain James Savile , Golden Days of the BBC eh ?

Big bloody difference, one was evil and prayed on the vulnerable the other was really funny.

Yes they should re-run it, if you take offence then tough luck. The license fee needs to go, at least for TV and just have the radio.

Associate
Sadly, I thought he'd died years ago.
Windsor Davies was fantastic in It ain't half hot mum. I have fond memories of the show, though I doubt it would be shown now. One of his quotes often used was 'Oh dear, how sad, never mind'
I also enjoyed his roles in several carry on films. Shame he did not make more.
May he rest in peace.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom