Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
Might have 0.11.7 dropped today but looking certain for this week. Will be a full wipe (although conflicting info on soft skills wipe)

I've been impressed with the latest build and have had way less stutters. Patch notes here

Associate
Is this game not fully released yet? How long will it be?

It's a long way away from full release or being something resembling a polished game. It still runs poorly and has huge problems with stutters every single round even after all their blag stutter fixes they put in release notes. They are also only just starting to move onto the updated unity engine, they are still using the same old version of the engine from years back... they like to blame all their issues on this so will be interesting to see how the game runs when it gets updated to the new engine, my guess is it will still run horribly.

You also have to remember that they still plan to completely change how the entire game plays, they aim to add 5 more maps at least, add an entire class system (USEC v BEAR is pointless as it stands) and then make the entire thing open world somehow rather than individual levels... of course none of this will ever happen and its just big talk but it's a sign of just how far away they are from their vision.

Sorry for the lack of positivity, they have a great concept but the devs are just hopeless and when you see the main guy Nikita interviewed and ducking awkward questions it leaves you with little to no confidence that things will improve.

Last edited:
Associate
The devs have finally inc Battleye anti-cheat to the game working in conjunction with their own anti-cheat software. This seems to have finally removed most of the hackers esp the ESP users, but time will tell and for some reason performance seems better, stutters not completely gone but overall frame rate is higher and more consistent.

Patch 1.2 nearly ready for release with a full migration over to the latest unity build along with many other features inc the player hideout and customization.

They are even producing their own mini series:- first 2 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPnrY5BxddI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4s_qPNutDA

Soldato
The devs have finally inc Battleye anti-cheat to the game working in conjunction with their own anti-cheat software. This seems to have finally removed most of the hackers esp the ESP users, but time will tell and for some reason performance seems better, stutters not completely gone but overall frame rate is higher and more consistent.

Patch 1.2 nearly ready for release with a full migration over to the latest unity build along with many other features inc the player hideout and customization.

They are even producing their own mini series:- first 2 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPnrY5BxddI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4s_qPNutDA
So looking forward to 0.12 and BattlEye is already making a fair difference.

Associate
Oh that is great news. Basically the reason I stopped playing; all the cheating. With PUBG player population dying, this is a good time to get back into EFT. Cannot wait for 0.12. EFT has the best gunplay of any game ever made.

Soldato
Been watching this with an keen eye, looks to have a lot of potential but not quite there just yet, sorta reminds me of Hunt: Showdown. How many people are present in a map in Tarkov?

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Been watching this with an keen eye, looks to have a lot of potential but not quite there just yet, sorta reminds me of Hunt: Showdown. How many people are present in a map in Tarkov?
It varies per map and how many other people are playing. The Factory has a maximum of six PMCs, whereas Shoreline is either 10 or 12. Plus add in player-controlled scavs (AI) and you can have quite a few. The long term goals were to aim for open world, but I'd say that's either going to be unachievable or many, many years away.

When the game runs well, it's fantastic and easily the most hardcore, intense, atmospheric game I've ever played - nothing has had my heart beating faster. Unfortunately the performance is erratic and leaves a lot to be desired. The new migration to Unity 2018, while not necessarily improving performance straight away, will certainly give them a better platform to build upon and optimise the game further.

Associate
The patch is out and things seem to be running smooth(ish) after a ropey launch yesterday. There are still stutters but they seem to be less jarring and last for less time, an improvement id say. The Anti Aliasing works pretty well, its blurry but at least there are a lot less jaggies, view distance on grass has increased as well so the environments look a bit more detailed at times, especially woods. I've not tried the new map yet, will give it a go this evening.

Back
Top Bottom