PC on stanby. Is this a good one?

Associate
OP
I can wait the 7 days for it to be built. Although maybe my son won't and there will be tears.:eek:
I live next to Overclockers and can pick it up so no delivery delay.
Although shamefully didn't realise they were next to me for 3 years...having moved up from London.:mad:
The one he's got now must be 6/7 years old so don't expect it to last yet another year. I want it to die.
I asked the question whether this is the best option for the dosh but honestly think this IS the best one....it's sparkly with lots of lights.;)

Associate
forgive the bluntness, but if your son can't wait a few days for a new pc then maybe that leads to a wider issue, tears or not?

Surely you have better things to spend your money on than a PC that you may or may not use, rather than waiting until you actually need it and getting the latest, or cheaper most likely hardware at the time?

Associate
This sounds the wrong way round... that's an £850 PC (with the 16 GB of RAM option). Surely you'd go for that as the main PC and keep the old one as a backup if necessary? Keeping on with a 6-7 year old machine and having this newer better one sat unused waiting for the old system to die sounds pretty odd to me.

Soldato
Agreed surely you are better off just either having a new one built and your son using that.

Build one together.

Or wait until this one dies and then upgrade.

Buying one just for the sake of it just in case it dies seems like a waste to me. As it may not die for another few years and then this spare build, could have built a new system, more powerful for cheaper or same price as the spare.

Back
Top Bottom