**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Permabanned
Yeah, I'll still admit Jones is a very good fighter, but him, Anderson etc. have given up their claims for GOAT status in my view. I hate drug cheats. I'd say GSP is UFC GOAT currently, and Khabib can possibly surpass him in his next few fights.

Associate
Not the GOAT, a drugged up piece of trash. Why would anyone think he is the best when it’s so clear he is a drug cheat. Good to see the other drug cheat get knocked out.

He had 60/48,000,000'ths of a grain of salt in his system. That isn't doing anything to enhance his performance. Look how he beat Gus & DC in the rematches, neither were close.

PEDS or no PEDS, Bones is the GOAT.

@viathinair GSP might not have been caught but he was definitely taking HGH. Look at this - http://i.imgur.com/rHD4Tyw.jpg. His HGH bubble gut is just as bad as some of the olympia competitors.

Soldato
He had 60/48,000,000'ths of a grain of salt in his system. That isn't doing anything to enhance his performance.
Per ml of blood... And it's a metabolite . No one knows how much of the actual drug he was taking as everyone metabolises it differently

What we do know is that no one else is getting away with taking it or having Its metabolites in their system. Not even one picogram so why should Jones ?

It's easy to stay clean. jones isn't even trying to stay clean

Would you say Lance Armstrong was the greatest ever cyclist? Everyone shames him but at least all his competitors where juiced too. Whereas Jones competitors are playing by the rules

Caporegime
He had 60/48,000,000'ths of a grain of salt in his system. That isn't doing anything to enhance his performance. Look how he beat Gus & DC in the rematches, neither were close.

@viathinair GSP might not have been caught but he was definitely taking HGH. Look at this - http://i.imgur.com/rHD4Tyw.jpg. His HGH bubble gut is just as bad as some of the olympia competitors.

Not even close to being the GOAT, he's a cheat plain and simple.

Associate
To be fair, there are question marks over all of the GOAT candidates aren't there? Maybe Mighty Mouse is the exception? He'd get my vote anyway, no one could touch him.

Yeah, PEDs might be exceptable to you but he is a cheat. He can’t even keep clean for a return fight!

Associate

Bold claims. A distended stomach doesn't always equal GH usage. In some cases it could be due to a number of reasons, an underlying medical condition, fat distribution levels, or refuelling from a big weight cut.

Permabanned

Honestly I have no clue about that stuff but I think you're reaching. I just go off proven failed tests or obvious lies/coverups, all of which Jones has done.

As for Jones and Anderson and my denial of their GOAT claims, it really boils down to how I view the word "great", which I think has been awfully diluted as it's so common for people to throw that word around for anyone or anything. Drugs cheating automatically disqualifies any so-called sportsman from being considered "great" in my opinion.

Last edited:
Associate
Great win from Nunes - UFC got what they wanted from Jones fight

Sad to see BJ Penn still fighting - he looks so old and slow but that heek hook from Hall was ridiculous. Blink and you miss it

Lost 8 of his last 10 fights - time to hang it up.

Beaten at his own game. I agree, time to call it quits. He had his time in the sun, but i would say that ended the day Nick Diaz used him for Boxing practice and turned his face into mincemeat.

John Jones at 80% still better than most fighters at 100%. Any drugs that he may or may not have taken would only affect his level or aerobic capacity by a few percent at most. It's his ability that got him this far, but at this stage he'll never be the fighter he once was. He doesn't need to be though. 80% Jones can get the title back. Awkward for the UFC. Will DC give him another shot? Where does Jones go now?

No doubt in my mind about Nunes. Female GOAT. Her Boxing is on another level. Hope she defends both belts in the near future. I don't think anyone there is anyone who can match her at this point though.

Condit is another that needs to call it quits. Fighters like Chiesa are more suitable to modern MMA and have a better all round game. Even on his day i think Condit would have struggled. Good while it lasted.

Soldato
So Jon is delighted now that he has passsed a test...

But didn't they just tell us how these metabolites could stay in his system for life when they needed an excuse:p

But now they've suddenly gone. Passed 3 out of 6 drug tests and showing off about it . Madness

I

Caporegime
Just proves the story the UFC came out with was utter and complete BS.

"It can stay in your system for 7 years" - fails 3 times leading up to the fight then is clean the night of the fight? That's a coincidence, not.

Man of Honour
Cejudo V's Dillashaw...

that was quick :o i think it was a fair stoppage,
Dillashaw was taking too many unanswered shots to the head and pretty much gave the ref no choice but to stop it

Caporegime
Bad stoppage Imo, although he was hitting him with big shots he never really looked out of it and was attempting a single leg.... if he was flat on his back fair enough but he just seemed wobbled. Two champs fighting, at least give him the chance to see if he can recover......

Glad Cowboy won after Hernandez was acting like a disrespectful douchebag pre fight

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Bad stoppage Imo, although he was hitting him with big shots he never really looked out of it and was attempting a single leg.... if he was flat on his back fair enough but he just seemed wobbled. Two champs fighting, at least give him the chance to see if he can recover

looked to me like if it had gone on 2-3 seconds longer the way the fight was going he'd have been KO'd,
so should the ref wait untill someone is KO'd?
if anyone is to blame then its TJ for allowing himself to be put in that position

Soldato
I don't think TJ was hurt at all, he recovered instantly with no facial damage as soon as it was stopped and he got up to protest. Henry was just catching him off balance and he never got it back until he shot for a leg at which point it was too late.

That being said, in MMA when you take a ton of shots unanswered while not defending it will be stopped, even if you aren't receiving damage. Just look at when people get put in a crucifix, little pepper shots that do not inflict any damage but stack into enough consecutive strikes that the fight gets stopped.

Back
Top Bottom