£1000-1500 gaming PC

Associate
Hello friends,

I bought my current rig from OCUK nearly... 9 years ago I think!? Christ has it been that long...

Kids, work, moving house and stuff got in the way of gaming and my trusty ancient rig sat boxed up in my garage for over a year.

I got it out a few months ago, and have been enjoying playing some games again... However it is rather slow as expected.

Time for a new machine I reckon.

I mostly play Blizzard games, Destiny 2 and would like to get back into a more recent Battlefield game, that my current PC just cannot handle.

I used to have a very small amount of knowledge around computers, but that is non-existent these days - so I'm thinking about one of the pre-built systems.

I had a play with the configurator last night and got a bit carried away with i7 4.2GHZ, 32GB RAM, RTX 2070, 1TB SSD etc etc... ending up with a £1500 price tag just for the actual computer...

My monitor is old as heck too, and my keyboard and mouse are also pretty knackered - so I guess I need to factor those in too. Ideally I'd like to buy the lot for no more than 1500 quid, but if there's decent argument for spending a little bit more for a reasonable leap in performance/future proofing then I'd consider it.

Do I need a PC that powerful? If someone turns around and says that's way overkill, and I could play what I've listed for much less, I would be muchos happy.

Can someone recommend an appropriate build? I expect the most demanding game I'd like to play would be Battlefield 5 - at a reasonable graphics setting and a steady FPS.

Cheers,

Tom.

Last edited:
Soldato
@TomC.

Ask them to upgrade to Windforce 64 for extra £40 , worth it !

1440p 144hz Freesync screen :)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,420.03 (includes shipping: £23.10)

Side note, fancy a change and a ITX build so it's small and out the way...

Total: £1,151.59 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

G-sync amd Freesync approved screen is about £350 for 24" 1440p 144hz​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That's really helpful thank you.

It seems Vega 64 scores quite well against GTX 1070Ti, both in price and performance.

Soldato
That's really helpful thank you.

It seems Vega 64 scores quite well against GTX 1070Ti, both in price and performance.

true, specially at higher resolution and Vulkan API games like DOOM.

rtx 2060 knock on gtx 1070ti performance whilst having RT and Tensor cores, latter being the Key for DSLL which does have increasing gaming performance with games that have it

Associate
OP
This is what I ordered in the end :) Free games were quite tempting!

Pleased with what I've got considering the price.

Now to buy a new desk... :D

Total: £1,404.31 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok, I’ve rang them and swapped it for the 64 :) very quick and easy over the phone.

I thought the free games were specific to the Vega 56!

Pays to ask in the forums y’see :)

Cheers for all your help man - looking forward to when it arrives!

Soldato
Ok, I’ve rang them and swapped it for the 64 :) very quick and easy over the phone.

I thought the free games were specific to the Vega 56!

Pays to ask in the forums y’see :)

Cheers for all your help man - looking forward to when it arrives!

just to be double sure, call them again and ask, "vega 64 still come with 3 free games?" ... rather triple check then nothing :D

Back
Top Bottom