NFL 2018 Season

Soldato
Greg Zuerlein what a kick :D [edit] just seen the kick again what a take by hekker :eek:

but as already mentioned shouldn't have even gone to o/t

on the downside to getting to a superbowl, phillips could still be there next season :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Christ that roughing the passer keeping Pats in the game was rough, Mahomes actually took a forearm to the head earlier and there was nothing, refs deciding games as tense as this is brutal.

Ford jumping offside will haunt him forever too

Soldato
I'm working this morning, so went to bed after the first game with my alarm set for 6:20am. I wake up at 5:40am though and think to myself I'll watch the 'game in 40' on GamePass, so put it on my TV, cast from my phone. Just before half time, I think to myself to turn my alarm off, in case I don't hear it with my headphones on. 'Hey Google, cancel my alarm'. This is a command for my Home Hub, but as usual, the phone hears the command, no problem, it happens, it ignores it. For some reason though, it skipped GamePass right to the end....!?!?! Literally I'm looking at an image of Brady celebrating on my TV?!! What?!?! I grab my phone, sure enough the slider is right at the end of the line. I quickly slide it back to the middle, but too late. Wow. Thanks GamePass! How on earth that happens I don't know. Shame, as it was an amazing game, spoilt by some weird bug.

I don't get the lined up in the neutrel zone. In the NFL almost every play they aren't lined up legally. Look at receivers on the line of scrimmage when they shouldn't be. Almost always a DT or DE is slightly in the neutral zone, they just let it go though. (I didn't see this one though, I guess it was particularly bad?)

Anyway, was it mp that kept telling us the Rams weren't a Superbowl team, and we all kept telling him they were?

Soldato
I'm working this morning, so went to bed after the first game with my alarm set for 6:20am. I wake up at 5:40am though and think to myself I'll watch the 'game in 40' on GamePass, so put it on my TV, cast from my phone. Just before half time, I think to myself to turn my alarm off, in case I don't hear it with my headphones on. 'Hey Google, cancel my alarm'. This is a command for my Home Hub, but as usual, the phone hears the command, no problem, it happens, it ignores it. For some reason though, it skipped GamePass right to the end....!?!?! Literally I'm looking at an image of Brady celebrating on my TV?!! What?!?! I grab my phone, sure enough the slider is right at the end of the line. I quickly slide it back to the middle, but too late. Wow. Thanks GamePass! How on earth that happens I don't know. Shame, as it was an amazing game, spoilt by some weird bug.

I don't get the lined up in the neutrel zone. In the NFL almost every play they aren't lined up legally. Look at receivers on the line of scrimmage when they shouldn't be. Almost always a DT or DE is slightly in the neutral zone, they just let it go though. (I didn't see this one though, I guess it was particularly bad?)

Anyway, was it mp that kept telling us the Rams weren't a Superbowl team, and we all kept telling him they were?

Yeah it was :p

I missed the second half of the Chiefs game, was too tired, so disappointed for them. It will be a good lesson for Mahomes and the other young players moving forward but just so annoyed to see Brady on another Superbowl, wish he would just **** off :p so bored of the Pats these days :p

Shame that bad calls had a big influence on both games.

Can now see the Pats winning the Superbowl :(

Soldato

hey, i didn't know we were gonna pay the refs off :p

we managed to get there and i have no idea how , our defence (and by that i mean wade phillips) has been woeful, think the the stat they put up on sky last night was we're 20th in pass defence and 14th in rushing, with the players we have we should be better than that.

Shame that bad calls had a big influence on both games.

really feel they have to rethink things on reviews/challenges, because theres no way peyton wouldn't have thrown a flag, same with reid.

if you insist on using the tech you have to do your best to make the most of it.

after saying all that i still have a problem with things like the edelman one where they said he touched it then after review overturned it, it took a while (think they said something like 3-4 mins) and its supposed to be OBVIOUS proof to overturn a call if it's taken them that long how can it be obvious ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
it was worse than that, he was lined up offside, wasn't even a jump :(

some of the refs decisions tonight have been woeful, and more importantly for me inconsistent.

My bad you’re right, too tired and so infrequent that happens but he was wel over lol.

The RTP saved the pats and kept them in it, Chiefs might’ve gone up 11 and more importantly Pats would’ve been burning timeouts

Soldato
I personally think they still don't have Overtime right either. But I said it after the Falcons lost the Superbowl in OT, not getting to touch the ball and clearly the league is fine with that. It should simply be, both teams should have the same amount of possessions until one doesn't score as much as the other... a bit like college, but not from the 20.

Back
Top Bottom