Beat saber

Associate
Have you applied a distortion patch or do they work as is?

I really should fit mine seeing as I went to the trouble of getting the parts myself.

No, made no other alterations at all. Just fit the lenses and good to go. I had read about this patch but have not had any reason to warrant applying as the visuals were stunning with the new lenses.

Associate
Dammit, ordered as well then. It should tide me over until the Pimax becomes available at Overclockers (are they going to be stocking it?)
I assume it's wise to search up installation guides? (Sorry OP for derailing thread)
edit: Aha, having read the sellers instructions they've done a lot of the hard work already. Pop out the old, slip in the new. Boom.

Last edited:
Soldato
Beatsaber is pretty much a must have for any vr setup! beatsaver also makes the game, there are some really good tracks on there, but you do have to wade through a ton a junk to get the good ones!

I made a start on creating my own but its to time consuming to do it well but it really makes you appreciate the efforts people go to!

Soldato
Should we have a thread specifically for recommending tracks from Beatsaver? (Or use this one.)

In the recommendations, maybe include what difficulties are covered by the track (for noobs like me still using normal).

Associate
Good shout. Pretty much all the ones I tried a while back were expert difficulty and not fun as they all just tried to get more cubes on screen.
So any that have different difficulties would be fab.

Soldato
Good idea on listed out the tracks, maybe add a list / table to the first page of this thread rather than a new thread.

I found some songs have been done by different modders and have different difficulty levels, although some tracks claiming to be HARD or EXPERT actually arent that difficult.

Associate
OP
Good idea on listed out the tracks, maybe add a list / table to the first page of this thread rather than a new thread.
I can add them on my first post if you'd like? How would be best to format the list and what information should be in there? I'd guess minimum of track name and beatsaver link.

Soldato
Take the difficulty with a pinch of salt, its defined by the creator of the track rather than any calculations done by the game. Some of them invest more time in one difficulty than others to the point where there pointless.

Maybe we could do a "fun" rating?

Hate or love the song this is one of the most fun ones ive played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUa2S2j0IA4

That all sounds a good idea. Maybe whoever adds the song to the list could give their opinion of whether the difficulty rating is accurate? Still subjective of course, but might help.
I've no idea, but does this forum software have the ability to build a table in a post reasonably easily? I can see there are bullet points at least. So people add their suggestions in posts, and then Epoch can copy them into his first post occasionally?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
How would something like this be? I used the videos from the mappers in these links, but I'm sure there will be songs where the mapper doesn't have their own video for it. Just took the info from the beat saver page.
LizardKing suggested a fun rating, but not sure if we should rate #/5, #/10 or if just comments on what people think will suffice, or maybe have both?

Another thought, is it worth saying which difficulty you play, so your rating or comment reflects more accurately?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Song: Gangnam Style - PSY
Author: GreatYazer
Difficulties: Expert, Hard, Normal
Download link : https://beatsaver.com/browse/detail/8139-8197
Youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTyDubu8VYs
Comments
Asa - Gangnam Style should be at the top. Try it if you haven't already :)
Epoch - Has you mimicking the dance from the song. Hard to play without a grin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Song: New Divide - Linkin Park
Author: DownyCat
Difficulties: Expert, Hard, Normal, Easy
Download link : https://beatsaver.com/browse/detail/8139-8197
Youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deWMNAw03QI
Comments
Epoch - Lots of fun and a good workout. You can sight read this on expert and just trust your instinct on the flow of notes.

Associate
OP
Looks good to me. I guess if we end up with quite a lot listed, it might need to be cut down a little. But I'd definitely start with that.
I've updated the OP, hopefully it's okay. I wrapped stuff in spoiler tags so that the post wasn't super long. Let me know if I should change anything. I tried to add extra info in case people haven't set up adding custom songs and stuff yet.

I suppose that also means I'll have to import everything and bring my own subjective thoughts on the tracks...
I'm hoping that a comment might be more meaningful than just a rating, or that people can just say they like it and I'll just add them as +1 to endorsement . Then if lots of people like the same tracks I'll move them higher up in the list.

I'll update the OP when people let me know what tracks they recommend.

Back
Top Bottom