Ace Combat 7 Skies unknown

Soldato
Pretty impressed by this so far.
Didnt come with the Assault Squadron code though :( - the retailer switcharoo'd the edition i ordered so got a £15 refund

Anyone know how much it will be upon release on Playstation Store?
It’s not being released as a separate game apparently.

Soldato
How do you free roam in this, the plane that Avril built has no weapons and is not selectable in the first few missions I have done, and it says its only available in free flight, so I gather there must be a free roam option somewhere, but I can't find it.

Soldato
Pretty impressed by this so far.
Didnt come with the Assault Squadron code though :( - the retailer switcharoo'd the edition i ordered so got a £15 refund

Anyone know how much it will be upon release on Playstation Store?
Which retailer? Thought the extra game was for a digital pre-order :confused:

It’s not being released as a separate game apparently.
You could always pay it on pcsx2, if you own the original PS2 game ;)

Soldato
How do you free roam in this, the plane that Avril built has no weapons and is not selectable in the first few missions I have done, and it says its only available in free flight, so I gather there must be a free roam option somewhere, but I can't find it.
Go to campaign. Instead of clicking continue, at the bottom it says free mission.

Soldato
Rainforest. I did pre-order 2 weeks beforehand and the store title of the version i ordered did indeed say it included a digital download of assault horizon however i was shipped the "standard" edition with no code.
Amazon emailed me my code. There’s nothing in the game case.

Soldato
How you finding it so far ?

I've actually requested a refund, purchased digitally.

Find dog fights a bit too intense, getting the warning missile alert all the time gets annoying and the maps seem small, only got to mission 2 so can't judge it much.

And free flight, why can't I land at an airbase, was on the mission 2 map which had a base to land at but I don't seem to be able to, I guess I was just hoping for a bit more freedom to do what I like.

I guess its good game for fans of the series, just was hoping for more personally.

Soldato
It’s an arcade flight combat game not a flight sim.... lol...

I get that.

When I mentioned a bit more freedom to do things, I just meant it feels a bit restrictive, like why can I not land at an airfield in free flight mode?

It's a good game, hopefully I get my refund and I may look to purchase down the line when its a lot cheaper.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I get that.

When I mentioned a bit more freedom to do things, I just meant it feels a bit restrictive, like why can I not land at an airfield in free flight mode?

It's a good game, hopefully I get my refund and I may look to purchase down the line when its a lot cheaper.

Just joking mate.

Would be good if you could put the wheels down and land but tbh I think they ran out of buttons. Free flight is more for taking pics I think tbh.

Soldato
Just joking mate.

Would be good if you could put the wheels down and land but tbh I think they ran out of buttons. Free flight is more for taking pics I think tbh.

Yeah sorry, I realise you were just joking, anyway I managed to get a refund from MS. Took a few attempts but chat advisor walked me through the best steps to take via refund request webform on the 2nd attempt as 1st refund request got rejected.

Anyway pleased you guys are enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom