Bikers Youtube thread

Soldato
If i was stateside ide love to have a good rummage around this place.

So many amazing junkyards etc. in America like that, would love to visit some they always have cars and bikes that are mostly forgotten about, so cool.

More Ewan/Charlie spam, looks like Long Way Down is being uploaded now too, episode 1 is up:

Soldato
I really like Long Way Down. I'm not sure if the actual journey is better - maybe not compared to some of the challenges they faced on the first trip - but the camerawork and production is a real step up at times.

Caporegime
The comments are all rather amusing, "fleeing the scene of a crime" and all that. The woman just got hit by a motorcycle and got air, she's probably in shock. That's not "fleeing", that's "fight or flight" instinct taking over. The fact the rider only approached the situation with "are you kidding" only makes matters worse. I suspect an "are you ok" would've gotten a much better response but then he's probably also in shock to some degree. Either way it was completely unexpected for both of them so I doubt either of them were responding the way they would've had it been a more anticipated situation.

That said however, seeing her get up afterwards and continue as if nothing happened (not injured) made hearing the thud of her getting hit a bit satisfying to be honest. Hopefully she'll look properly next time and not take chances.

EDIT: I posted the below because I thought she was on her phone, when she wasn't. My point still stands though.

I get absolutely fed up with phone zombies, they are literally everywhere here in London, just crossing roads without looking. Many times a week do I have to adjust my driving because some brainless idiot is just crossing a road without looking.

I'd actually like to see statistics of pre-smartphone and post-smartphone pedestrian collisions, factoring in the usual stuff like there being more cars on the road. I reckon the number of incidents has skyrocketed thanks to smartphones.

Soldato
I loved the LWR, never even heard of the LWD until reading through this thread, don't know how that passed me by! Might give it a watch nevertheless.

Charlie also does Ireland to Sydney too (although it's not strictly a bike trip)...

I have no clue if it's an official channel but even if not, there are now multiple different series on there that include on/both of the guys. Obviously if you're not too big a fan of Charlie or Ewan on their own you'll be a bit disappointed I guess but if you like to see people doing adventure rides, seems ideal to me. :)

Back
Top Bottom