Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Sgarrista
Commissario
Depends, I used to use snow foam an awful lot (and some people like the foamy nature of it blanketing cars for Insta etc...) but since trying Auto Foam and TFRs I've found my lance just sits there unused. Auto Foam itself arguably works better through the pump sprayer like the one you linked, and TFRs definitely do too. Auto Foam tends to work better through the sprayer as it has a very specific concentration at which its formulation works well. Deviating from that concentrate (4%) often results in much poorer performance.

RE sprayers, the cheap 2L hand ones also work very well and should provide plenty solution to get round the car. Something like this. If you do go for the larger ones such as you linked be sure to get a good quality one that is chemically resistant or you'll find that having left-over solution in there starts to damage the seals.

On the topic of TFR v snow foam, I've found TFR to be much more effective at shifting dirt. At the correct dilution ratios I also don't think it has a significantly greater impact on your LSP.

I agree good TFR can be better but also needs more care with its use. I like magifoam because I can spray it on, go have a cuppa and not worry about it, and with its ridiculous dwell times, after 20 minutes that car is pretty much clean anyway!

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Some just simply dont work, ive tried probably 30+ different foams.

Imho the only ones that shift a significant amount of dirt and dwell for a decent time are:

Autobrite magifoam
Sams active snow foam
Auto finesse avalanche

In that order.

I know people love bilt hamber auto foam, but frankly its more of a TFR with bubbles than a snow foam imho.

I can echo this..have an autobrite lance and tried various ones but just keep coming back to magifoam!

or maxi suds 2 grape by chemical guys as it smells lush!

Associate
Bought an Autobrite Snow Foam Lance which arrived yesterday, cars currently filthy so looking forward to the weekend trying it out :D

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Bought an Autobrite Snow Foam Lance which arrived yesterday, cars currently filthy so looking forward to the weekend trying it out :D
best bit of kit I bought

I bought it about 6 years ago and its still brilliant!

gets such a good foam and the bottle is a decent size

I think I need a new mitt and towels though , though of my current ones are well past their best

Sgarrista
Commissario
Do snow foams work? Judge for yourself.

20 minute well, power wash off, no bucket wash at all, just foam, dwell, rinse and drive.

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

Sgarrista
Commissario
Good result for touchless, no need to go crazy perfecting it in this weather.

Exactly, one drive and its going to look crap again, all I wanted to do is make sure the worst of it / the salt wasnt sat on the paint. Soon as we are past Feb / halfway into March will have it fully detailed and ceramic coated.

Man of Honour
Gave the car a proper clean today and the ceramic coating just makes it so much easier. Topped it up with a layer of Gyeon Wet Coat. Pretty pleased with the result. Recommend it to anyone looking for a good quick detailing spray. Literally spray it on, and pressure wash it off

Took this video once it was all finished :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom